- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Preliminary Analysis of Stabilization of Forest Road Surface Using Geosynthetics
토목섬유를 이용한 임도 노면의 안정성 예비 분석
Lee, Kwan-Hee;Oh, Se-Wook;Ko, Chi-Ung;Kim, Dong-Geun
- Received : 2015.09.30
- Accepted : 2015.11.13
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study conducted shear strength test and plate bearing test to look into the characteristics of bearing capacity using geosynthetics case on forest road surface. The shear strength test showed that the internal friction angle at the time when geosynthetics was used was measured larger on average than that in the unreinforced case. Therefore, using geosynthetics case produced more bearing capacity reinforcement effect. The result from the comparison test of internal friction angle by geosynthetics type revealed that the internal friction angle at the time when geotextile case was used was measured larger. That was attributable to the difference between the area of the total cross section of geotextile made in type of non-woven fabric and its material. Plate bearing test showed that the settlement at the time when geosynthetics was used was measured smaller than that in the unreinforced case. Therefore, using geosynthetics produced more bearing power reinforcement effect. The result from the comparison test showed that geogrid case was measured smaller than geotextile case. Henceforth, It is seemed that it will be necessary to keep studying the reinforcement engineering and process of forest road surface which fits the characteristics and conditions of geosynthetics to prevent forest road demage.
Shear strength test;Loading test;Geogrid;Geotextile;Bearing capacity
- Ahn HH ․ Lee SW ․ Shim SH and Shim JB. 2007. Friction Behavior at the Soil/Geosynthetic Interface in Respect of Efficiency. Journal of The Korean Geotechnal Society, Vol. 23(10): 65-72.
- Jones DRV and Dixon N. 1998a. The Stability of geosynthetics landfill Lining systems - Geotechnal engineering of landfill, Proceeding of the symposium at the Nottingham Trent University, Department of civil and structural engineering on 24 September. 99-117.
- Jones DRV and Dixon N. 1998b. Shear Strength properties of geomembrane/goetextile interface, Geotextile and Geomembranes. 16: 45-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-1144(97)10022-X
- Ju JW ․ Park JB and Chang YC. 2003. Friction characteristics on Interface Between Reinforcement and Sand by Direct Shear Test. Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society. 2(1): 87-93.
- Kim MI ․ Lee SW ․ Lee MS ․ Kim MS and Gho GB. 2014. Developmnet of Filling Slope Stabilization Method and Its Experimental Construction for Mountainous Forest Road. Proceeding of Korean Geo-Environmental Society. 209-212.
- Korea Forest Service. 2012. Standard construction research on accident-free forest road facilities. 3-5.
- Korea Forest Service. 2014. Statiscal Yearbook of Forestry. 45: 248-249.
- Seed RB ․ Mitchell JK and Seed HB. 1990. Kettleman Hills waste landfill slope failure II : Stability analysis, Journal of Geothchnal Engineering. ASCE 116(4): 669-690. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1990)116:4(669)
- Seo MW ․ Oh MH ․ Yoon HS and Park JB. 2006. Comparison on the Interface Shear Strength of Geosynthetics Evaluated by Using Various Kinds of Testing. Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers C 26(2C): 73-80.
- Shin BW ․ Oh SW ․ Lee BJ and Kim KI. 2000. Bearing capacity characteristics of single or double soil layer reinforced with geogrid. Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers C 20(4C): 367-380.
- USDA Forest Service. 2009. Stabilization Selection Guide for Aggregate and Native-surfaced Low Volume Roads. 0877 1705-SDTDC.
- USDA Forest Service. 2011. Road Reconstruction Handbook. FSH 7709. 56: 69-72.
- Mitchell JK ․ Seed RB and Seed HB. 1990. Kettleman Hills waste landfill slope failure I: Liner system properties. Journal of Geothchnal Engineering. ASCE 116(4): 647-668. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1990)116:4(647)
Supported by : 경북대학교