- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Planning of Bird Habitat Preparation for Eco-friendly Development - Focusing on Ganseo Area in Busan -
조류 서식지 보전을 위한 친환경적 계획 방안 연구 - 부산 강서지구를 중심으로 -
- Received : 2015.11.18
- Accepted : 2015.12.03
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study surveys and analyzes the ecology of Gangseo area to be developed near Nakdonggang River and West Nakdonggang River in Busan - before its development. With the result of the surveys as its basis, the study also finds ways to conserve the area's bird habitats in response to the planned development. According to the site surveys over four seasons, West Nakdonggang River which is near the targeted development area is a wintering ground for migratory birds. Some representative bird types in this area are ducks, geese, and other water birds. There are even six legally protected species. The average altitude of their flight is calculated to be
Nakdonggang River;Flight altitude;Conservation value;Migratory birds
- Wilson, E. O. 1992. The diversity of life. Harvard University Press. Cambridge, MA.
- Yi GC. 2008. Spatiotemporal analysis of Nakdong estuary wetland and ecosystem change. Journal of Ocean Resources and Research, Dong-A University 20: 21-27.
- http://web.mit.edu/12.000/www/m2015/2015/usef ul_current.html. (Mission 2015, '15.11.16)
- Adams, L. W. 1994. Urban wildlife habitats: a landscape perspective University of Minnesota Press. Minneapolis.
- Adams, L. W. and L. E. Dove. 1989. Wildlife reserves and corridors in the urban environment: a guide to ecological landscape planning and resource conservation. National Institute of Urban Wildlife. Columbia, MD.
- City of Redmond. 2000. City of Redmond Draft Wildlife Habitat Plan. Seattle: Adolfson Associates Inc.
- Costanza, R. ․ R. d'Arge, R. de Groot, S. Farber, M. Grasso, B. Hannon, K. Limburg, S. Naeem, R. V. O'Neill, J. Paruelo, R. G. Gaskin, P. Sutton, and M. van den Belt. 1997. The value of the world's ecosystem services and natural capital. Nature 387: 253-260. https://doi.org/10.1038/387253a0
- Dlugosch, K. M. 1998. Effects of English Ivy (Hedera helix) Invasions on Forested Plant Communities in Pacific Northwest Urban Parks. Honors Thesis. University of Washington Department of Botany.
- Fernandez Juricic, E. and J. Jokimäki. 2001. A habitat island approach to conserving birds in urban landscape: case stuides from sourthern and northern Europe. Biodiversity and Conservation 10: 2023-2043. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013133308987
- Hong SB and Lee IS. 2012. Visitation pattern of Common Shelduck (Tadorna tadorna) and using the winter places as Nakdong estuary, Busan, Republic of Korea. Korean Journal of ornithology 19(1): 13-21.
- Korea Environment Institute. 2006. Development of Sustainable Estuary Management Strategy in Korea III-2.
- Kwon YS. 2007. Evaluation of bird habitat criteria for ecological map. Bulletin of Korea institute of ornithology 10(1): 49-55.
- Lee DK․Park C and Oh KS. 2010. Forest patch characteristics and their contribution to forest-bird diversity. Journal of Korean Environmental Restoration 13(5): 146-153.
- Lee JW ․ Lee DH and Paik IH. 2003. Distribution of Wildbirds According to Habitat Environment in Gap Stream. CNU Journal of Agricultural Science 30(1): 41-58.
- Niemelä, J. 1999. Ecology and urban planning. Biodiversity and Conservation 8: 119-131. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008817325994
- Moon SK ․ Sung HC ․ Koo BH ․ Byun BS ․ Yoo HS ․ Lee DK ․ Lee SM ․ Lee EY ․ Lee EH ․ Lee JJ ․ Jeon SW and Jeon YO. 2010. Environmental planning. Bomondang.
- Rochelle, J. A. 1998. Forest fragmentation: wildlife and management implications, Oregon: Conference Summary Statement.
- Savard, J. P. L. ․ P. Clergeau and G. Mennechez. 2000. Biodiversity concepts and urban ecosystem. Landscape and Urban Planning 48: 131-142. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2046(00)00037-2
- Shaw JH. 1985. Introduction to wildlife management. Mcgraw-Hill Book Company.
- Song WK ․ Lee DK and Kim EY. 2013. Habitat connectivity assessment of Tits using a statistical modeling focused on biotop map of seoul, South Korea. Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment 22(3): 119-130.
- White, R. R. 1994. Urban environmental management: environmental change and urban design. John Wiley. Chichester.
- Wilcox, B. A. and D. D. Murphy. 1985. Conservation strategy: The effects of fragmentation on extinction. American Naturalist.