- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Geotop Classification and Geodiversity in Mt. Jeombong Experimental Forest
점봉산 시험림 지역의 지오톱 분류와 지형다양성 연구
- Kim, Nam-Shin ;
- Han, DongUk ;
- Cha, Jin-Yeol ;
- Kwon, Hye-Jin ;
- Cho, Yong-Chan ;
- Oh, Seung-Hwan ;
- Yoo, Seung-Hwa ;
- Yu, Dong-Su ;
- Park, Yong-Su
- Received : 2015.11.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.01
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was carried out to suggest fundamental concepts and data ideas for biodiversity and confrontation strategy on global environmental changes by analyzing geomorphic milieu and geotop in Mt. Jeombong experimental forest. Elements of landform were classified as landform sets by scale. Scale for classification could be decide on four categories. We could classify landforms which scale zero is seven elements, scale one is twelve elements, scale two is fifteen elements, scale three is twenty nine elements. Especially mountain wetlands were classed as valley and channel types in Mt. Jeombong. Geotop by clustering methods could be four spatial units as 2, 3, 5, and 7 classes, and analyzed geodiversity as landform sets for explanation of vegetation distribution. Rate of rise of temperature was
Biodiversity;Geotop;Geomorphic milieu;Landform sets;Geodiversity;Wetlands;Vegetation distribution
- Demek, J.․Embleton, C. 1978. Guide to Medium-Scale Geomorphological Mapping, E.Schweizerbart'sche Verlagsbuchhandlung.
- Dent, B. 1985. Principles of Thematic Map Design, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 134- 157.
- Eswaran, H. ․ Lal, R. and Reich, P. F. 2001. Land degradation: an overview. In. Bridges, E.M. et al. (eds.) Responses to Land Degradation. Proc. 2nd. Int. Conf. Land Degradation and Desertification, Khon Kaen, Thailand. Oxford Press, New Delhi, India.
- Goudie, A. 1981. Geomorphological Techniques, London, George Allen and Unwin.
- Goudie, A. 2015. The Human Impact on the Natural Environment: Past, Present, and Future 7th Edition, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Keaton, J. R. 1984. Genesis-Lithology-Qualifier (GLQ) system of engineering geology mapping symbols, Association of Engineering Geologists Bulletin, 21(3), 355-364.
- Kim SD and Kim YD. 1995 Studies on the Regeneration process of a Quercus monglica forest in Mt. Jumbong, Journal of Korean Forest Society, 86(4), 447-455 (in Korean).
- Knighton, D. 1998. Fluvial Forms and Processes, Oxford University Press.
- Peterson, F. F. 1981 Landforms of the Basin and Range Province defined for soil survey, Nevada Agricultural Experiment Station Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture University of Nevada Reno.
- Ritter, D. F. ․ Kochel, R. C. and Miller, J. R. 2006. Process Geomorphology, Waveland Press.
- Robert A. ․ Ricklis, K. and Michael, D. B. 1998. The geoarchaeological record of Holocene sea level change and human occupation of the Texas gulf coast, Geoarchaeology, 12(4), 287-314.
- Thornes, J. B. Ed. 1990. Vegetation and Erosion: Processes and Environments, John Wiley & Sons.
- Tricart, J. and KeiwietdeJonge, C. 1992. Ecogeography and rural management, Longman Scientific & Technical.
- Tubiello, F. N. 2014. Agriculture, forestry and other land use emissions by sources and removal by sinks 1990-2011. FAO Statistics Division, Working Paper Series ESS/14-02.
- Vitek., J. D. ․ Giardino, J. R. and Fitzgerald, J. W. 1996. Mapping geomorphology: A journey from paper maps, through computer mapping to GIS and Virtual Reality, Geomorphology, 16: 233-249. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-555X(96)80003-1
- Wallace, R. E. 1977. Profiles and ages of young fault scarp. North-Central Nevada, geological society of American Bulletin, 88: 1267-1281. https://doi.org/10.1130/0016-7606(1977)88<1267:PAAOYF>2.0.CO;2
- Wolter, P. T. ․ Mladenoff, D. J. ․ Host, G. E. and Crow, T. R. 1995. Improved Forest Classification in the Northern Lake States Using Multi-Temporal Landsat Imagery, Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, 61(9), 1129-1143.
- Wright, R. G. 1998. Ecoregions as a level of ecological analysis, Biological conservation, 86(2), 207-214. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3207(98)00002-0
Supported by : 국립수목원