- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on MUSLE Runoff Energy Coefficient in Small Forest Watershed
산림소유역에서 MUSLE 유출에너지인자 계수값의 적용성 평가
- Received : 2015.11.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was carried out to investigate coefficient and exponent of runoff energy in MUSLE for small forest watershed, Hwachoen watershed in Gangwon-do. For 15 rainfall events, runoff volume, peak discharge and sediment yield were measured and these data were used to calculate coefficient and exponent of runoff energy. The results of this study showed that
Rainfall erosivity;Soil erosion;Suspended solid;GIS
- Arekhi, S. ․ Shabani, A. and Rostamizad, G. 2011. Application of the modified universal soil loss equation (MUSLE) in prediction of sediment yield(Case study: Kengir Watershed, Iran). Arabian Journal of Geosciences. 5(6): 1-9.
- Epifanio, C. R. ․ Singer, M. J. and Huang, X. 1991. Hydrologic Impacts of Oak Harvesting and Evaluation of the Modified Universal Soil Loss Equation. USDA Forest Service Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-126: 221-224.
- Foster, G. R. ․Meyer, L. D. and Onstad, C. A. 1977. A Runofff Erosivity Factor and Variable Slope Length Exponents for Soil Loss Estimates. Trans. ASAE 20: 683-387. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.35628
- Hann, C. T.․Barfield, B. J. and Hayes, J. C. 1994. Design Hydrology and Sedimentology for Small Catchments. Academic Press Inc. San Diego, California.
- Jung YG ․ Lee SW ․ Lee KH ․ Park KY and Lee HH. 2014. Application of RUSLE and MUSLE for Prediction of Soil Loss in Small Mountainous Basin. Journal Of Korean Forest Society. 103(1): 98-104. (in Korean with English summary) https://doi.org/10.14578/jkfs.2014.103.1.98
- Kim CW ․ Woo HS and Sonu JH. 1999. Estimation of Rainfall Erosivity in USLE. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 32(4): 457-467. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim JH and Jung SK. 2004. Estimation of Runoff Energy Factor for MUSLE using Topographical Data. Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 24(2B):95-102. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim GI. 2011. A Study on the Trends of Torrential Rainfall Events in Korea. M.S. Thesis, Yonsei University. (in Korean with English summary)
- McCool, D. K. ․ Brown, L. C.․Foster, G. R. ․ Mutchler, C. K. and Meyer, L. D. 1987. Revised Slope Steepness Factor for the Universal Soil Loss Equation. Trans. ASAE 30: 1387-1396. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.30576
- McCool, D. K. ․ Foster, G. R. ․ Mutchler, C. K. and Meyer, L.D. 1989. Revised Slope Length Factor for the Universal Soil Loss Equation. Trans. ASAE 32:1571-1576. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.31192
- Nash, J. E. and Sutcliffe, J. V. 1989. River Flow Forecasting Through Conceptual Models, Part-1: A Discussion of Principles. Journal of Hydrology 10(3): 282-290.
- Noor, H. ․ Fazli, S. and Alibakhshi, S. M. 2012. Prediction of storm-related sediment-associated contaminant loads in a watershed scale. Ecohydrology & Hydrobiology. 12(3): 183-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1642-3593(12)70202-1
- Shin KJ. 1999. The Soil Loss Analysis using GSIS in Watershed. Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Civil Engineering, Kangwon National University. (in Korean with English summary)
- Son KI. 2001a. Applicability Examination of the MUSLE Sediment Yield Prediction Equations in Korea. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 34(3): 209-216. (in Korean with English summary)
- Son KI. 2001b. Applicability Examination of the RUSLE Sediment Yield Prediction Equations in Korea. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 34(3): 199-207. (in Korean with English summary)
- USDA, 1978. Predicting Rainfall Erosion Losses-A Guide to Consrvation Planning. Agriculture Handbook Number 537.
- USDA, 1965. Rainfall-Erosion Loses from Cropland East of the Rocky Mountains-Guide for Selection of Practices for Soil and Water Conservation. Agriculture Handbook Number 282.
- USDA, 1997. Predicting Soil Erosion by Water: A Guide to Conservation Planning with the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE). Agriculture Handbook Number 703.
- Williams, J. R. 1975. Sediment Routing for Agricultural Watersheds. Water Resources Bulletin. 11: 965-974. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-1688.1975.tb01817.x
- Won JY and Lee JS. 2012. An Improvement on Estimation of Runoff Factor Equation for Mountain Area in MUSLE. Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation. 12(5): 207-214. (in Korean with English summary)
- Yang, D. ․ Kanae, S. ․ Oki, T. ․ Koike, T. and Musiake, K. 2003. Global potential soil erosion with reference to land use and climate changes. Hydrological Processes. 17(14): 2913-2928. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.1441
- Im SS ․ Kim MS ․ Kim JH and Paik KR. 2012. Comparison of RUSLE and LISEM for the Evaluation of Spatial Distribution of Simulated Sediment Yield. Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation. 12(5): 199-206. (in Korean with English summary)
Grant : 산림수자원 장기 모니터링 및 관리기술 개발