- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Comparison Analysis of the Environmental Impact of VSL Anchors and RBanchors Using a Life-Cycle Assessment (LCA)
LCA를 이용한 확공지압형 앵커와 일반 앵커의 환경영향 특성 비교분석
Ahn, Taebong;Lee, Jaewon;Min, Kyoungnam;Lee, Junggwan;Kwon, Yongkyu
- Received : 2015.10.07
- Accepted : 2015.11.02
- Published : 2015.12.31
In this study, quantitative environmental impact assessments of the VSL anchor and RB(Reaming and Bearing) anchor systems were conducted after a life-cycle assessment (LCA). In addition, improvements which reduce the adverse environmental effects of the RB anchor system were confirmed through comparisons with results with a VSL anchor system. Both results showed that water ecotoxicity and global warming are the most important in environmental influences. To determine the effect of reducing the RB anchor system environment, the result was normalized for the environmental impact category. Most items appeared to have been improved with regard to the RB anchor system. The most significant improvement was a 77% decrease in POC levels(photochemical oxidant creation). Greenhouse gas emissions, related to global warming, were decreased by 44%. It is expected that these quantitative environmental impact assessment results will serve as the basis of an anchor system for civil engineering and environmental impact assessments.
RB anchor system;LCA;Environmental impact;Global warming;Greenhouse gas
- J.H. Beak, S.H. Tae, S.J. Roh, J.H. Lee, et al. (2011) A study on the requisite elements of LCCO2 evaluation system at planning stage of building, Korean journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 12(3), pp. 31-41.
- T.H. Hong, C.Y. Ji, H.S. Park (2012) Integrated model for assessing the cost and CO2 emission(IMACC) for sustainable structural design in ready-mix concrete, Journal of Environmental Management, 103, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2012.02.034
T.H. Hong, C.Y. Ji, M.H. Jang (2012) An analysis on
$CO_2$emission of structural steel materials by strength, Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 13(4), pp. 132-140. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2012.13.4.132
- J.Y. Lim, J.S. Yi, S.W. Shin, J.W. Son (2012) Implementing activity-based LCA model for carbon dioxide emission analysis and allocation of environment cost, Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 13(4), pp. 78-88.
- J.M. Kwak, T. Her (1997) Application of life-cycle assessment for beverage can, Journal of industrial Science and Technology, 22(7), pp. 223-236.
- S.H. Baek, H.J. Kim, Y.S. Kwon, S.S. Kim, et al. (2011) A study on environmental impact evaluation of metallic can using life cycle assessment, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 20(11), pp. 1395-1401. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.11.1395
- S.H. Baek, H.J. Kim, Y.S. Kwon (2014) Environmental impact evaluation for glass bottle recycle using life cycle assessment, Journal of Environmental Science International, 23(6), pp1067-1074. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.6.1067
- J.W. Lee (2013) LCA method study for improvement construction process in anchor system, MS Thesis, Woosong University.
- C.K. Lee, J.S. Kim (2011) A research on the greenhouse gas emission reduction of railway structure construction stage, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 14(5), pp. 425-432. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.5.425
- C.K. Lee, J.Y. Lee, W.S. Jung, Y.W. Hwang (2014) A study on the characteristics of environmental impact in construction sector of highspeed railway using LCA, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 17(3), pp. 178-185. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.3.178
- K.N. Min, W.S. Bae, K.G. Ahn (2012) LCA method study for improvement construction rrocess in RBanchor system, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(2), pp. 17-24. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.017