- Volume 18 Issue 6
This paper presents an assessment method of the ground vibration level with a combination of measured data and an analytic method. The basic concept of the method is similar to that in FRA(Federal Railway Administration) manual for detailed vibration analyses. However, going into detail, the assessment method was modified for a feasible evaluation of the vibration reduction effects of diverse types of wave barriers. The force density was evaluated in a vehicle-track interaction analysis and the transfer mobility of vibration was analyzed through a 2-D ground vibration analysis. The calculated 2-D transfer mobility was corrected to incorporate transfer characteristics of actual ground vibration by comparing the previously measured data and analysis results. Nine types of vibration reduction effects of wave barriers were analyzed on a shallow tunnel section of an urban railway where numerous civil complaints had actually been filed.
Ground vibration;Shallow tunnel;Wave barrier;Force density;Transfer mobility
- J.T. Nelson, H.J. Saurenman (1983) State-of-art review: Prediction and control of ground borne noise and vibration from rail transit trains, US Department of Transportation, Urban Mass Transportation.
- H.C. Shin, S.K. Cho, S.C. Yang (2009) Study on the improvement of empirical formula for prediction of ground vibration induced by urban rapid transit, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(3), pp. 357-363.
- H. Verbraken, G. Lombaert, G. Degrande (2011) Verification of an empirical prediction method for railway induced vibrations by means of numerical simulations, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 330(8), pp. 1692-1703. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2010.10.026
- L. Andersen, C.J.C. Jones (2006) Coupled boundary and finite element analysis of vibration from railway tunnels-a comparison of two-and three-dimensional models, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 293(3-5), pp. 611-625. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2005.08.044
- S. Gupta, M.F.M. Hussein, G. Degrande, H.E.M. Hunt, D. Clouteau (2007) A comparison of two numerical models for the prediction of vibrations from underground railway traffic, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 27(7), pp. 608-624. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2006.12.007
- C.E. Hanson, D.A. Towers, L.D. Meister (2006) Transit noise and vibration impact assessment, Office of planing and Environment Federal Transit Administration, FTA-VA-90-1003-06.
- J.U. Song, S.K. Kim, H. Park, W.K. Hong (2013) A study on the vibarion reduction by the position of borehole using experimental waveform and finite element analysis, Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment, 22(4), pp. 381-387. https://doi.org/10.14249/eia.2013.22.4.381
- D. Connolly, A. Giannopoulos, W. Fan, P.K. Woodward, et al. (2013) Optimising low acoustic impedance back-fill material wave barrier dimensions to shield structures from ground borne high speed rail vibrations, Construction and Building Materials, 44, pp. 557-564. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.03.034
- S. Ahmad, T. Al?Hussaini (1991) Simplified design for vibration screening by open and in-filled trenches, Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 117(1), pp. 67-88. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1991)117:1(67)
- L. Andersen, S.R.K. Nielsen (2005) Reduction of ground vibration by means of barriers or soil improvement along a railway track, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 25, pp. 701-716. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2005.04.007
- S.C. Yang, S.Y. Jang, E. Kim, S.H. Hwang et al. (2014) Establishment of reduction measures of noise and vibration between Yongsan station and Gajoa station in Kyeongui-line, Final report, Korea Railroad Research Institute.
- S.C. Yang (2009) Enhancement of the finite-element method for the analysis of vertical train-track interactions, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit 223(6), pp. 609-620. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544097JRRT285
- S.C. Yang, E. Kim (2012) Effect on vehicle and track interaction of installation faults in the concrete bearing surface of a direct-fixation track, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 331(1), pp. 192-212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2011.08.023
- C. Onorii (2008) Mechanical behaviour of traditional and antivibration railway tracks with recycled rubber materials, Ph.D Thesis, Universitadegli Studi di Napoli Federico II.
- S.C. Yang, C.B. Yun (1992) Axisymmetric infinite elements for soil-structure interaction analysis, Engineering Structures, 14(6) pp. 361- 370. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-0296(92)90019-M
Grant : 레일방식 초고속철도 핵심요소기술 개발