- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Tracing a Logical Path of Passengers: A Case study of Seoul Metro Line 9
도시철도 승객경로 추적에 관한 연구: 서울지하철 9호선을 중심으로
Kim, Kyung Min;Oh, Suk Mun;Hong, Sung-Pil;Ko, Suk-Joon
- Received : 2015.08.05
- Accepted : 2015.08.25
- Published : 2015.12.31
Based on an observation that tag-out times of passengers from Smart Card data were clustered, Hong et al. recently developed a precise algorithm that detects a logical path for metro passengers. The logical path means the sequence of train boarding and alighting. In this paper, we observe that tag-out times of passengers in Seoul Metro Line 9 were also clustered; we trace an actual logical path of passengers by applying the algorithm. As a result, we identify 91% of passengers successfully and find their logical paths; we also investigate passengers'preferences between express and local trains.
Logical path;Metro;Smart card data;Express train
- S.P. Hong, Y.H. Min, M.J. Park, K.M. Kim, et al. (2015) Precise estimation of connections of metro passengers from Smart Card data, Transportation, Advance online publication, DOI 10.1007/s11116-015-9617-y. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11116-015-9617-y
- N. Hibino, H. Uchiyama, Y. Yamashita (2005) A study on evaluation of level of railway services in Tokyo metropolitan area based on railway network assignment analysis. Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 6, pp. 342-355.
- Z. Guo, N. Wilson (2011) Assessing the cost of transfer inconvenience in public transport systems: A case study of the London underground, Transportation Research Part A, 45(9), pp. 91-104.
- Y. Sun, R. Xu (2012) Transit travel time reliability and estimation of passenger route choice behavior, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2275, pp. 58-67. https://doi.org/10.3141/2275-07
- J.K. Eom, M. Choi, D. Kim, J. Lee, et al. (2012) Evaluation of metro services based on transit smart card data, Journal of the Korean society for railway, 15(1), pp. 80-87. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.080
- J. Baek, K. Sohn (2015) An investigation into passenger preference for express trains during peak hours, Transportation, Advance online publication. DOI 10.1007/s11116-015-9592-3 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11116-015-9592-3
- J.H. Einmahl, J.R. Magnus (2008) Records in athletics through extreme-value theory, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 103(484), pp. 1382-1391. https://doi.org/10.1198/016214508000000698
- W. Jang (2010) Travel time and transfer analysis using transit smart card data, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2144, pp. 142-149. https://doi.org/10.3141/2144-16
- Transfer Impedence of Trip Chain with a Railway Mode Embedded - Using Seoul Metroplitan Transportation Card Data - vol.36, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2016.36.6.1083
- Express Train Choice and Load Factor Analysis as Line Extension in Seoul Metro 9 vol.19, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.5.663
Supported by : 한국연구재단