- Volume 18 Issue 6
The train conflict resolution problem refers to an adjustment of the train operation schedule in order to minimize the delay propagation when a train conflict is predicted or when a train conflict occurs. Previous train studies of train conflict resolutions are limited in terms of the size of the problems to be solved due to exponential increases in the variables. In this paper, we propose a train conflict resolution model using a time-space network to solve the train conflict situation in the operational phase. The proposed model adjusts the size of the problem by giving only the dwell tolerance in the time-space network only for stops at the station after a train conflict. In addition, the proposed model can solve large problems using a path flow variable. The study presents a train delay propagation analysis and experimental results of train conflict resolution assessments as well using the proposed model.
Delay propagation;Conflict detection resolution;Scheduling;Optimization
- R. Borndorfer, T. Schechte, S.Weider (2010) Railway track allocation by rapid branching, Proceedings of the 10th workshop on Algorithmic Approaches for Transportation Modelling, Optimization, and Systems, Dagstuhl, the Germany, 4, pp. 13-23.
- J. Yuan, I.A. Hansen (2007) Optimizing capacity utilization of stations by estimating knock-on train delays, Transportation Research Part B, 41, pp. 202-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trb.2006.02.004
- B. Szpigel (1973) Optimal train scheduling on a single track railway, Proceedings of IFORS Conference on Operations Research, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, pp. 344-351.
- D. Jovasovic, P.T. Harker (1991) Tactical scheduling of rail operations : The SCAN I system, Transportation Science, 25(4664), pp. 46-64. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.25.1.46
- A. Higgins, E. Kozan, L. Ferreira (1997) Heuristic techniques for single line train scheduling, Journal of Heuristics, 3(1), pp. 43-62. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009672832658
- J.H. Kim, S.M. Oh, S.H. Hong (2005) An exploratory development of mathematical programming model for the railway conflict resolution problem on a single line track, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 8(4), pp. 314-320.
- U. Brannlund, P.O. Lindberg, A. Nou, et al. (1998) Railway timetabling using Lagrangian Relaxation, Transportation Science, 32(4), pp. 358-369. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.32.4.358
- A. Caprara. M. Mischetti, P. Toth (2002) Modelling and solving the train timetabling problem, Operation Research, 50(5), pp. 851-861. https://doi.org/10.1287/opre.50.5.851.362
- V. Cacchiani, A. Caprara, P. Toth (2010) Scheduling extra freight train on railway networks, Transportation Research Part B, 44(2), pp. 215-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trb.2009.07.007
- B.H. Park, S.H. Hong, C.S Kim (2012) An optimization model for railway slot allocation reflecting the operational policy, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(5), pp. 524-530. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.5.524
- B.H. Park, S.H. Hong (2013) A column-generation based approach to developing an optimized railway timetable using time-space network, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway, Daegu, the Korea, pp. 160-167.
- Y.H. Kim, S.C. Rim (2014) Additional freight train schedule generation model, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 15(6), pp. 3851-3857. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3851
- Y.H. Kim, S.C. Rim (2014) A study on the addtional train scheduling method, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 17(4), pp. 313- 319. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.4.313
- B.H. Park, K.M. Kim, S.H. Hong, Y.H. Kim (2007) An algorithm for detection and resolution of train conflicts occuring whitin station, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 10(2), pp. 179-185.
- T.K. Ho, J.P. Norton, C. Goodman (1997) Optimal traffic control at railway junction, Proceeding of Inst. Electr. Eng., Kharagpur, the India, 144(2), pp. 140-148.
- J. Pachl (2002) Railway operation and control, Mountlake terrace WA:VTD rail.
- J. Jacobs (2004) Reducing delay by means of computer-aided 'on-the-spot'rescheduling in Computers in Railway IX WIT Press, Southampton, the United Kingdom, pp.605-612.
- A. D'Ariano., D. Pacciarelli, M. Pranzo (2007) A branch and bound algorithm for scheduling trains in a railway network, European Journal of Operational Research, 183(2), pp.643-657. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2006.10.034
Grant : ICT기반 열차운행 안전성 및 운영 효율성 향상 기술 개발