- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Conical Picks for Roadheader in Copper Mines
구리광산에 적용된 부분단면굴착기용 국산 코니컬 픽커터의 성능평가 연구
- Received : 2015.11.23
- Accepted : 2015.12.15
- Published : 2015.12.31
Roadheader that excavates ground using pick cutters installed on the cutting head is one of the partial-face machines. A conical cutter among pick cutters is excavation tool decreasing the loss of cutter using tungsten carbide insert at the tip of the cutter and it has been widely used in the roadheaders. In this study, durability performance for three kinds of conical cutters was evaluated in copper mines composed of Manto and conglomerate. After field test, the visual inspection as well as the weight loss measurement of pick cutters was carried out to investigate the damage of pick cutters. In addition, CT scan and SEM were performed to check whether or not crack and apertures in pick cutters. As results, the conical cutter with hardfacing was evaluated as having the best durability performance and it was unable to find cracks in all cutters investigated.
Roadheader;Cutting head;Pick cutter;durability performance;Copper mines
- Balci, C., Demircin, M. A., Copur, H., Tuncdemir, H. (2004), "Estimation of optimum specific energy based on rock properties for assessment of roadheader performance.", The Journal of The South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, December 2004, pp. 633-642.
- Bilgin, N., Kuzu, C., Eskikaya, S. (1997), "Cutting performance of rock hammers and roadheaders in Istanbul Metro drivages.", Proceedings, Word Tunnel Congress'97, Tunnels for People, Balkema, pp. 455-460.
- Choi, S.W., Chang, S.H., Lee, G.P., Park, Y.T. (2014a), "Performance estimation of conical picks with slim design by the linear cutting test (I): depending on attack angle variation.", J of Korean Tunn Undergr. Sp. Assoc., Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 573-584. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.6.573
- Choi, S.W., Chang, S.H., Lee, G.P., Park, Y.T. (2014b), "Performance estimation of conical picks with slim design by the linear cutting test (II): depending on skew angle variation.", J of Korean Tunn Undergr. Sp. Assoc., Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 585-597. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.6.585
- Copur, H., Balci, C., Tumac, D., Bilgin, N. (2011), "Field and laboratory studies on natural stones leading to empirical performance prediction of chain saw machines.", International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, Vol. 48, pp. 269-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2010.11.011
- Park, Y.T., Choi, S.W., Park, J.H., Lee, C.H., Chang, S.H. (2013), "Excavation Mechanism of Roadheader and Statistical Analysis of its Key Design Parameters Based on Database.", Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 428-441. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2013.23.5.428
- Rostami, J., Ozdemir, L., Neil, D.M. (1994), "Application of Heavy Duty Roadheaders for Underground Development of the Yucca Mountain Exploratory Study Facility, High level radioactive waste management.", Proceedings of the 5th Annual international conference, Vol. 2, 395-402.
- SANDVIK (2012), Tunneling Roadheader MT720 Hard Rock, MT720 Brochure, mining.sandvik.com
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원