- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of an Optimized Prediction System of Round Trip Occurrence using Genetic Algorithm
유전자알고리즘을 활용한 최적화된 라운드트립 발생 예측 시스템 개발
- Received : 2015.12.10
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2015.12.31
Round trip activity occurs discretely due to the abrasion of drill bit in the deep drilling project. Round trip has great impact on the drilling performance because it takes more time to change a drill bit as the depth goes deeper. Therefore, a reliable prediction technology of the round trip should be secured for feasibility analysis and effective management of the drilling project. Lee et al. (2013) developed the TOSA (round trip occurrence simulation algorithm) which can analyze the depth and timing of round trip occurrence at each abrasion state of bit. However, TOSA has weakness that it takes long time for simulation because the number of simulation increase exponentially as increasing the number of simulation section. This study developed the TOSA based round trip performance prediction module using genetic algorithm for simulating in a short time and verified simulation results.
Deep Drilling;TOSA;Genetic Algorithm;Round Trip
- Bourgoyne A.T. Jr. and Young F.S., 1974, A Multiple Regression Approach to Optimal Drilling and Abnormal Pressure Detection, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal 4238, August, 371-384.
- Galle E.M. and Woods A.B., 1963, Best Constant Weight and Rotary Speed for Rotary Rock Bits, Drill. And Prod. Prac., API, 48-73.
- Holland, J., 1975, Adaptation in Natural and Artifitial Systems, University of Michigan Press.
- Lee, S. S., Kim, K. Y. and Shin, H. S., 2013, Development of Round Trip Occurrence Simulator Considering Tooth Wear of Drill Bit, Tunnel & Underground Space, 23.6, 480-492. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2013.23.6.480
- Lhee, S. C., 2011, A Study on Comparing Prediction Accuracy of Construction Cost on Apartment Housing Projects at the Early Project Stage-Focused on Genetic Algorithm and Particle Swarm Optimization Methods-, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 13.3, 227-234.
- Maurer W. C., 1962, The Perfect-Cleaning Theory of Rotary Drilling, Journal of Pet. Tech, November, 1270-1274.
- Polsky, Y., Capuano J. L., Finger, J., Michael, H., Knudsen, S., Chip, A. J., Mansure, Raymond, D. and Swanson, R., 2008, Enhanced Geothermal Systems Well Construction Technology Evaluation Report, Sandia National Laboratories, USA.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원, 미래창조과학부