- Volume 25 Issue 6
The evaluation of THM coupling behavior in deep underground repository condition is essential for the long term safety and stability assessment of high-level radioactive waste repository. In order to develop reliable THM analysis techniques effectively, an international cooperation project, DECOVALEX, is carried out. In DECOVALEX-2015 Task B2, the in situ THM experiment planned to be conducted by JAEA was modeled by the research teams from the participating countries. In this study, a THM coupling technique combining TOUGH2 and FLAC was developed and applied to 1 dimensional THM modeling, in which rock, buffer, and heater are considered. The results were compared with those from other research teams.
- Andersson,J.C., 2007. Aspo Pillar Stability Experiment. Final report. SKB TR-07-01.
- Choi, H.J., Lee, J.Y. and Choi, J.W., 2008, Korean Reference HLW Disposal System, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, KAERI/TR-3563/2008, pp. 23-35.
- Hudson, J.A., Jing, L., 2013, Demonstration of coupled models and their validation against experiment: The current phase DECOVALEX 2015, Rock Characterization, Modelling and Engineering Design Methods-Proceedings of the 3rd ISRM SINOROCK, Symposium, pp. 391-396.
- JNC, 2000, H12 project to establish technical basis for HLW disposal in Japan, JNC TN 1410 2000, JAEA, Tokai, Japan.
- Kwon, S., Lee, D., Jeon, S., Choi, H. J., 2013, Thermo-mechanical coupling analysis of APSE using submodels and neural networks, Journal of rock mechanical and geotechnical engineering, Vol.5, pp. 32-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2012.06.002
- Lee,J.Y., Cho,D.K., Choi,H.J. and Wang,L.M., 2011, Analyses of Disposal Efficiency Based on Nuclear Spent Fuels Cooling Time and Disposal Tunnel/Pit Spacing for the Design of a Geological Repository, Progress in Nuclear Energy 53, pp. 361-367. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnucene.2011.01.005
- Pruess,K., 1999, TOUGH2 User's Guide, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Rutqvist, J., Wu, Y.S., Tsang, C.F., Bodvarsson, G., 2002. A modeling approach for analysis of coupled multiphase fluid flow, heat transfer, and deformation in fractured porous rock. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol.39, pp.429-442. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(02)00022-9
- Sugita, Y., Lee,C., Massmann,J., Pan,P., and Rutqvist,J., 2014, Step 1 of the task B2 of the Decovalex-2015, Decovalex-2015 Task B2, interim report.
- Tsang, C.F., Barnichonc, J.D., Birkholzera, J., Lid, X.L., Liua, H.H., Sillene, X., 2012, Coupled thermo-hydromechanical processes in the near field of a high-level radioactive waste repository in clay formations, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol.49, pp.31-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2011.09.015