- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analyses of Scenarios Based on a Leakage of Highly Compressed Air and Fire Anticipated in CAES (Compressed Air Energy Storage) Facility
압축공기에너지저장 시설에서 발생 가능한 압축공기 유출 및 화재 시나리오 분석
- Received : 2015.12.17
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2015.12.31
In this study, scenarios based on the leakage of highly compressed air and fire occurrence turned out to be high risks in an operation stage of CAES facility were constructed and estimated. By combining Bernoulli equation with momentum equation, an expression to calculate an impact force of a jet flow of compressed air was derived. An impact force was found to be proportional to the square of diameter of fracture and the pressure of compressed air. Four types of fire scenarios were composed to evaluate an effects that seasonal change and location of fire source have on the spread behavior of smoke. Smoke from the fire ignited in the vicinity of CAES opening descended more quickly below the limit line of breathing than one from the fire occurred 10 m away from CAES opening, which is expected to occur due to a propagation of wave front of smoke. It was shown that a rate of smoke spread of the winter fire is faster than one of the summer fire and smoke from the winter fire spreads farther than one of the summer fire, which are dependent on the direction of air flow into access opening. Evacuation simulation indicated that the required safe evacuation time(RSET) of the summer and winter fires are 262, 670 s each.
Leakage of highly compressed air;CAES facility;Impact force;Fire scenario;Limiting line of breathing;RSET
- Broder, J.F. and E. Tucker, 2012, Risk analysis and the security survey, Elsevier, Inc., 348p.
- DiNenno, P.J., 2005, SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering, V. 3, SFPE, pp. 362-364
- Gorbett, G.E. and J.L. Pharr, 2011, Fire dynamics, Pearson, pp. 227-265.
- Hartman, H.L., J.M. Mutmansky, R.V. Ramani, and Y.J. Wang, 1997, Mine ventilation and air conditioning, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 293-313.
- http://magazine.hankyung.com/business/, 한경BUSINESS.
- http://mosfnet.blog.me, 기획재정부 경제e야기.
- http://www.hani.co.kr, 한겨레.
- KIGAM, 2011, Development of underground energy storage system in lined rock cavern, KIGAM, 388p.
- KIGAM, 2013, A Study on a risk assessment and disaster scenario analysis with storage of high-pressure materials in underground opening, KIGAM, 105p.
- Kim, D.Y., K.H. Jeong, and C.W. Lee, 2013, 대단면 갱내 초저풍속 측정 방법에 관한 연구, 한국암반공학회 학술대회 및 세미나 자료집, 180-183.
- Lee, Y.J., 2006, 위기관리:business continuity, 생능출판사, 438p.
- Munson, B.R., T.H. Okiishi, W.W. Huebsch, and A.P. Rothmayer, 2013, Fundamentals of fluid mechanics, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 101-274.
- NFPA, 2014, NFPA 502 : Standard for road tunnels, bridges, and other limited access highways, NFPA, 64p.
- Quintiere, J.G., 1998, Principles of fire behavior, Delmar Publishers, pp. 169-195.
- Yoon, Y.K., S.M. Seo, and B.H. Choi, 2013, Risk assessment with the development of CAES(Compressed Air Energy Storage) underground storage cavern, Tunnel and Underground Space(J. of KSRM) 25.1, 319-325.
- Yoon, Y.K., E.H. Ju, S.M. Seo, and B.H. Choi, 2015, Analysis of fire scenarios and evaluation of risks that might occur in operation stage of CAES storage cavern, Tunnel and Underground Space(J. of KSRM) 25.1, 107-114. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2015.25.1.107