- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Revised Estimate of N2O Emission Factor for Spring Chinese cabbage fields in Korea
국내 봄배추 재배지의 아산화질소 배출계수 개발에 관한 연구
Kim, Gun-Yeob;Park, Woo-Kyun;Jeong, Hyun-Cheol;Lee, Sun-il;Choi, Eun-Jung;Kim, Pil-Joo;Seo, Young-Ho;Na, Un-sung
- Received : 2015.09.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.25
- Published : 2015.12.30
Greenhouse-gas emission factors are widely used to estimate emissions arising from a defined unit of a specific activity. Such estimates are used both for international reporting to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and for a myriad of national and subnational reporting purposes. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) provides a methodology for national and sub-national estimation of known greenhouse gas emissions including
Arone, J.A., and P.J. Bohlen, 1998: Stimulated
$N_2O$flux from intact grassland monoliths after two growing seasons under elevated atmospheric $CO_2$. Oecologia 116, 331-335. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004420050594
- Bouwman, A.F., 1996: Direct emission of nitrous oxide from agricultural soils. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 46, 53-70. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00210224
- Kim, G.Y., B.H. Song, K.A. Roh, S.Y. Hong, B.G. Ko, K.M. Shim, and K.H So, 2008: Evaluation of Green House Gases Emissions According to Changes of Soil Water Content, Soil Temperature and Mineral N with Different Soil Texture in Pepper Cultivation. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 41(6), 399-407.
Kim, G.Y., K.H. So, H.C. Jeong, K.M. Shim, S.B. Lee, and D.B. Lee, 2010: Evaluation of
$N_2O$Emissions with Changes of Soil Temperature, Soil Water Content and Mineral N in Red Pepper and Soybean Field. Korean Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 43(6), 880-885.
- Kim, G.Y., H.C. Jeong, Y.K. Son, S.Y. Kim, J.S. Lee and P.J. Kim, 2014: Effect of soil Water Potential on methane and Nitrous Oxide Emissions in Upland soil during Red Pepper Cultivation. Journal of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry 57, 15-22. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13765-013-4228-9
- Mahmood, T., R. Ali, K.A. Malik, and S.R.A. Shamsi, 1998: Nitrous oxide emissions from an irrigated sandy-clay loam cropped to maize and wheat. Biology and Fertility of Soils 27, 189-196. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003740050419
- Minami, K., 1997: Mitigation of nitrous oxide emissions from fertilized soils. In: Proceedings from IGAC Symposium, Nagoya, Japan.
Mosier A., C. Kroeze, C. Nevison, O. Oenema, S. Seitzinger, and O. van Cleemput, 1998: Closing the global
$N_2O$budget: nitrous oxide emissions through the agricultural nitrogen cycle. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 52(2), 225-248. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009740530221
Firestone, M.K. and E.A. Davidson, 1989: Microbiological basis of NO and
$N_2O$production and consumption in soil. In: Andreae, M.O., Schimel, D.S. (Eds.), Exchange of Trace Gases between Terrestrial Ecosystems and the Atmosphere, 17-21.
- Freney, J.R., 1997: Emission of nitrous oxide from soils used for agriculture. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 49(1-3), 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009702832489
Frolking, S.E., A.R. Mosier, and D.S. Ojima, 1998: Comparison of
$N_2O$emissions from soils at three temperate agricultural sites: simulations of year-round measurements by four models. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 52, 77-105. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009780109748
- Godde, M. and R. Conrad, 1999: Immediate and adaptational temperature effects on nitric oxide production and nitrous oxide release from nitrification and denitrification in two soils. Biology and Fertility of Soils 30, 33-40. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003740050584
- Hellebrand, H.J., V. Scholz, and J. Kern, 2008: Fertilizer induced nitrous oxide missions during energy crop cultivation on loamy sand soils. Atmospheric Environment 42, 8403-8411. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.08.006
- Hutchinson, G.L., and G.P. Livingston. 1993. Use of chamber systems to measure trace gas fluxes. Agricultural ecosystem effects on trace gases and global climate change. American society of Agronomy 55, 63-78.
- IPCC, 1996: Revised IPCC guidelines for national greenhouse gas inventories: Reference Manual, revised in 1996, IPCC.
- IPCC, 2006: IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, IPCC.
- Iserman, K., 1994: Agriculture's share in the emissions of trace gases affecting the climate and some cause oriented proposals for reducing this share. Environmental Pollution 83, 95-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/0269-7491(94)90027-2
- Clayton, H., I.P. Mctagart, J. Parker, L. Swan, and K.A. Smith, 1997: Nitrous oxide emissions from fertilised grassland : A 2-year study of the effects of N fertiliser form and environmental conditions. Biology and Fertility of Soils 25, 252-260. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003740050311
Conen, F., K.E. Dobbie, and K.A. Smith, 2000: Predicting
$N_2O$emissions from agricultural land through related soil parameters. Global Change Biology 6, 417-426. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2486.2000.00319.x
- Dobbie, K.E., I.P. Mctagart, and K.A. Smith, 1999: Nitrous oxide emissions from intensive agricultural systems: variations between crop and seasons; key driving variables; and mean emission factors. Journal of Geophysical Research 104, 26891-26899. https://doi.org/10.1029/1999JD900378
Parton, W.J., A.R. Mosier, D.S. Ojima, D.W. Valentine, D.S. Schimel, K. Weier, and A.E. Kulmala, 1996: Generalized model for
$N_2$and $N_2O$production from nitrification and denitrification. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 10, 401-412. https://doi.org/10.1029/96GB01455
- RDA(Rural Development Administration), 2010: Fertilizer recommendation standards for various crops, Sanglok-sa, 58-59.
- Singh, S.N. and L. Tyagi, 2009: Nitrous oxide: Sources, sinks and mitigation strategies. In Sheldon A. I., Barnhart E. P. (eds.): Nitrous oxide emissions research progress. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 127-150.
Sozanska, M., U. Skiba, and S. Metcalfe, 2002: Developing an inventory of
$N_2O$emissions from British Soils. Atmospheric Environment 36, 987-998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(01)00441-1
- SRI (Statistical Research Institute), 2011: A study on uncertainty calculator of activity data-National GHGs emission statistics, 110-172 (in Korea).
- Warneck, P., 2000: Chemistry of the Natural Atmosphere. 2nd edition, Academic Press, New York, 511-574.
- Yagi, K., 1991. Emission of biogenic gas compounds from soil ecosystem and effect of global environment. 2. Methane emission from paddy fields. Soil and Fertilizer. Japan 62(5), 556-562.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원