- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Thermal Time - Based Phenology Estimation in Kimchi Cabbage (Brassica campestris L. ssp. pekinensis)
온도시간 기반의 배추 생육단계 추정
Kim, Jin-Hee;Yun, Jin I.
- Received : 2015.10.27
- Accepted : 2015.11.26
- Published : 2015.12.30
A thermal time-based phenology model of Kimchi cabbage was developed by using the field observed growth and temperature data for the purpose of accurately predicting heading and harvest dates among diverse cropping systems. In this model the lifecycle of Kimchi cabbage was separated into the growth stage and the heading stage, while the growth amount of each stage was calculated by optimal mathematical functions describing the response curves for different temperature regimes. The parameter for individual functions were derived from the 2012-2014 crop status report collected from seven farms with different cropping systems located in major Kimchi cabbage production area of South Korea (i.e., alpine Gangwon Province for the summer cultivation and coastal plains in Jeonnam Province for the autumn cultivation). For the model validation, we used an independent data set consisting of local temperature data restored by a geospatial correction scheme and observed harvest dates from 17 farms. The results showed that the root mean square error averaged across the location and time period (2012-2014) was 5.3 days for the harvest date. This model is expected to enhance the utilization of the Korea Meteorological Administration's daily temperature data in issuing agrometeorological forecasts for developmental stages of Kimchi cabbage grown widely in South Korea.
Kimchi cabbage;Phenology growth stage;Thermal time;Harvest date
- Lee, S. G., C. S. Choi, J. M. Choi, H. J. Lee, S. H. Park, and K. R. Do, 2013: Effects of Growth and Cellular Tissue under Abnormal Climate Condition in Chinese cabbage. Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory 22(2), 87-90. (In Korean with English abstract) doi:10.12791/KSBEC.2013.22.2.087 https://doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2013.22.2.087
- Oh, S. J., K. H. Moon, I. C. Son, E. Y. Song, Y. E. Moon, and S. C. Koh, 2014: Growth, photosynthesis and chlorophyll fluorescence of Chinese cabbage in response to high temperature. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology 32(3), 318-329. (In Korean with English abstract) https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2014.13174
- Yun, J. I., 2010: Agroclimatic maps augmented by a GIS technology. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 12, 63-73. (In Korean with English abstract) doi:10.5532/KJAFM.2010.12.1.063 https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2010.12.1.063
- Yun, J. I., S. O. Kim, J. H. Kim, and D. J. Kim, 2013: Userspecific agrometeorological service to local farming community: a case study. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 15(4), 63-73. (In Korean with English Abstract)
- National Institute of Agricultural Sciences (NAS), 1990: 주요과수재배지역의 기후특성. Rural Development Administration, p121-198.
- National Institute of Crop Science (NICS), 2014: 고랭지배추 친환경 안정생산기술 개발 (과제번호: PJ008718), 고령지농업연구소 결과보고서.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA), 2014: 배추 농업기술길잡이 128 (발간등록번호 11-1390000-003762-01), Rural Development Administration, 23-27pp.
- 강점순, 서정민, 진경호, 조재환, 홍창오, 신현무, 2013: 이상고온이 배추의 생육 및 수량에 미치는 영향, Proceedings of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society Conference, Vol 22, 2013, Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 825-826.
- 김광식, 2001: 신고 농업기상학 환경 과학영농을 위한, 향문사, 167-192pp.
- 변종영, 윤성중, 이인중, 김도순, 2014: 신고 작물생리학, 향문사, 313pp.
- 이정명, 2013: 채소학각론, 향문사, 292-293pp.
- Ahn, J. H., C. Y. Park, J. S. Ryu, and Y. I. Jin, 2008: Distribution mapping for optimal of highland agricultural zone in current and global warming future in Korea. Proceeding of 10th Conference on Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, Jinju, Korea, Korean Society of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 82-86.
- Son, I. C., K. H. Moon, E. Y. Song, S. J. Oh, H. H. Seo, Y. E. Moon, and J. Y. Yang, 2015:Effects of differentiated temperature based on growing season temperature on growth and physiological response in Chinese cabbage 'Chunkwang'. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 17(3), 254-260. (In Korean with English abstract) doi: 10.5532/KJAFM.2015.17.3.254 https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2015.17.3.254
- Hwang, S. U., J. Y. Lee, H. S. Chang, Y. H. Park, Y. S. Gil, and M. H. Park, 2003: High temperature stress of summer Chinese cabbage in alpine region. Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 36(6), 417-422.
- Jung, J. E., E. Y. Kwon, U. Chung, and J. I. Yun, 2005: Predicting cherry flowering date using a plant phenology model. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 7(2), 148-155. (In Korean with English abstract)
- Lee, S. G., T. C. Seo, Y. A. Jang, J. G. Lee, C. W. Nam, C. S. Choi, K. H. Yeo, and Y. C. Um, 2012: Prediction of Chinese cabbage yield as affected by planting date and nitrogen fertilization for spring production. Journal of Bio-Environment Control 21(3), 271-275. (In Korean with English abstract)
- Projecting the Spatio-Temporal Change in Yield Potential of Kimchi Cabbage (Brassica campestris L. ssp. pekinensis) under Intentional Shift of Planting Date vol.18, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2016.18.4.298
- Optimizing growth conditions for glucosinolate production in Chinese cabbage vol.59, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13580-018-0084-1
- Production of Agrometeorological Information in Onion Fields using Geostatistical Models vol.27, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2018.27.7.509
Supported by : 농촌진흥청