- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on Emission Characteristics of Trace Hazardous Material from Motorcycle Exhaust by EURO III
EURO III에 의한 이륜자동차의 미량유해물질 배출특성평가
- Yoo, Heung-Min ;
- Son, JiHwan ;
- Park, Gyu-Tae ;
- Mun, SunHee ;
- Yun, ChangWan ;
- Kim, JeongSoo ;
- Lee, JongTae
- Received : 2015.09.06
- Accepted : 2015.09.21
- Published : 2015.12.31
Recently, the researches for air pollutant control technologies have been performing in Korea, while considering an one of the latest main topics as problems on air pollutant control. However, it is difficult to investigate emission amount of air pollutant by passenger cars, because of lack of the domestic information about mobile source; the number of research institutes are less in the whole. Especially, the informations on registered numbers and emissions of motorcycles are less. Thus, in this study, the analysis that is based on experimental results was conducted for finding out source profiling and emission characteristics on motorcycles exhaust. For these experiments, the domestic motorcycles were chosen and evaluated by EURO III standard. From the result, controlled pollutants (CO, HC, NOx) were met to EURO III, but low displacement motorcycles showed a higher incomplete combustion reaction than that of 250 cc motorcycles. Additionally, uncontrolled pollutants (BTEX and 1,3-butadiene) were decreased with increasing a displacement of motorcycles. However, the emission trend of aldehydes was not followed that of those; the formaldehyde ratio increased upto approximately 33%, with increasing a displacement of motorcycles. In the future, it would be used to support the CAPSS as basic data of Korea.
1,3-Butadiene;BTEX;Aldehyde;EURO III;Motorcycle;Trace Hazardous Materials
- NIER, "National Air Pollutants Emissions Statistics" (2012).
- California air resources board. California's Air Quality History Key Events (2003).
- J. T. Lee, H. M. Yoo, J. H. Son, C. W. Yun, S. H. Mun, G. T. Park and J. S. Kim, "A Study on Emission Characteristics of VOCs During Cold Start Test Mode for Motorcycle", Journal of ILASS-KOREA Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 28-34 (2015). https://doi.org/10.15435/JILASSKR.2015.20.1.28
- www.MOLIT.go.kr, "The number of vehicle registration, press released" (2014).
- Carlier P, Hannachi H and Mouvier G., "The chemistry of carbonyl compounds in the atmosphere", Atmospheric Environment 20, 2079-2099 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1016/0004-6981(86)90304-5
- Y. K. Jang, J. Kim, P. S. Kim, Y. I. Shin, W. S. Kim and Y. J. Choi, "Estimation of vehicle kilometers travelled and air pollution emission from motorcycles", Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 48-56 (2010). https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2010.26.1.048
- T. Huai, S. D. Shah, J. Wayne Miller, T. Younglove, D. J. Chernich, A. Ayala, "Analysis of heavy-duty diesel truck activity and emissions data", Atmospheric Environment, 40, 2006, pp. 2333-2344. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2005.12.006
- C. Chen, C. Huang, Q. Jing, H. Wang, H. Pan, L. Li, J. Zhao, Y. Dai, H. Huang, L. Schipper, D. G. Streets, "On-road emission characteristics of heavy-duty diesel vehicles in Shanghai", Atmospheric Environment, 41, 2007, pp. 5334-5344. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2007.02.037
- L. Pelkmans, P. Debal, "Comparison of on-road emissions with emissions measured on chassis dynamometer test cycles", Transportation Research Part D, 11, 2006, pp. 233-241. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trd.2006.04.001
- Y. K. Jang, J. Kim, Y. J. Kim, J. W. Kwon, C. H. Heo, B. W. Kim and J. W. Koh, "Development of Calculation System for Transportation Source Air Toxic Emission", Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 52-90 (2014).
- M. Antonientta Costagliola, Fabio Murena and M. Vittoria Prati, "Exhaust emissions of volatile orgarnic compounds of powered two-wheelers: Effect of cold start and vehicls speed. Contribution to greenhouse effect and tropospheric ozone formation", Science of the Total Environment, Vol. 468-469, 1043-1049 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.09.025
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "The status on number of registered vehicles for motorcycles (annual)", (2014).
- Y. D. Jung, U. S. Yeo, Y. J. Lim, I. H. Ryu and Y. A. Yun, "Research on the Feasibility Study of 2-Wheeled Vehicle Emission Inspection", The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 860-865 (2010).
- Hsi-Hsien Yang, Lien-Te Hsieh, Hsu-Chung Liu and Hsiao-Hsuan Mi, "Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon emissions from motorcycles", Atmospheric Environment, 39, 17-25 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2004.09.054
- Murari Mohon Roy, "HPLC analysis of aldehydes in automobile exhaust gas: Comparison of exhaust odor and irritation in different types of gasoline and diesel engines", Energy Conversion and Management, 49, 1111-1118 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2007.09.014
- National Institute of Environmental Research, "Criteria on emission standard for manufactured vehicle", p. 114 (2013).
- Maryam Hajbabaei, Georgios Karavalakis, J. Wayne Miller, Mark Ville, Huaying Xu and Thomas D. Durbin, "Impact of olefin content on criteria and toxic emissions from modern gasoline vehicles", Fuel, 107, 671-679 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2012.12.031
- Kaiser WE, Siegl WO, Cotton DF and Anderson RW, "Effect of fuel structure on emissions from a sparkignited engine. 3 olefinic fuels", Environmental Science & Technology, 27, 1440-1447 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1021/es00044a021
- Ying Liu, Min Shao, Linlin Fu, Sihua Lu, Limin Zeng and Dagang Tang, "Source profiles of volatile orgarnic compounds (VOCs) measured in China: Part I", Atmospheric Environment, 42, 6247-6260 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.01.070
- J. S. Lee, Y. R. Choi, H. S. Kim, S. M. Eo and M. Y. Kim, "Characteristics of Hazardous Volatile Orgarnic Compounds (HVOCs) at Roadside, Tunnel and Residential Area in Seoul, Korea", Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 52-90 (2014).
- Usama M.. Elghawi and Ahmed M. Mayouf, "Carbonyl emissions generated by a (SI/HCCI) engine from winter grade commercial gasoline", Fuel 116, 109-115 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2013.07.124
- Lenhert DB, Miller DL, Cernansky NP and Owens KG, "The oxidation of a gasoline surrogate in the negative temperature coefficient region", Combust Flame, 156, 549-564 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2008.11.022