- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characteristics for Nanofluid Droplet Evaporation on Heated Surface at Boiling Temperature of Base Liquid
비등점의 가열 표면에서 나노유체 액적의 증발 특성
- Received : 2015.11.01
- Accepted : 2015.11.28
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study aims to experimentally investigate the evaporation characteristics of nanofluid droplet on heated surface at boiling temperature of DI-water. In particular, textured surface was used to examine the effect of wettability on evaporation. At the initial stage of evaporation process, dynamic contact angle (DCA) of nanofluid droplet with 0.01 vol.% concentration on textured surface rapidly increased over its equilibrium contact angle by generated large bubble inside the droplet due to lower wettability. However, contact angle of nanofluid droplet with higher concentration on textured surface decreased with surface tension. In addition, total evaporation time of droplet on textured surface was considerably delayed due to reduction of contact area between droplet and solid surface. Thus, evaporation characteristics were highly affected by the nanofluid concentration and surface wettability.
Nanofluid;Droplet;Evaporation;Heated surface;Boiling temperature
- S. U. S. Choi, "Eastman, J. A. Enhancing thermal conductivity of fluids with nanoparticles", Proc. ASMEIMECE 1995, Vol. 231, pp. 99105.
- V. Dugas, J. Broutin, E. Souteyrand, "Droplet evaporation study applied to DNA chip manufacturing", Langmuir 2005, Vol. 21, pp. 91309136. https://doi.org/10.1021/la050764y
- T. A. H. Nguyen, A. V. Nguyen, "Increased evaporation kinetics of sessile droplets by using nanoparticles", Langmuir 2012, Vol. 28, pp. 1672516728. https://doi.org/10.1021/la303293w
- D. H. Shin, C. K. Choi, Y. T. Kang, S. H. Lee, "Local aggregation characteristics of a nanofluid droplet during evaporation", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 2014, Vol. 72, pp. 336-344. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2014.01.023
- Y. C. Kim, "Evaporation of nanofluid droplet on heated surface", Advances in Mechanical Engineering 2015, Vol. 7, pp. 1-8.
- J. Chinnam, D. K. Das, R. S. Vajjha, J. R. Satti, "Measurements of the surface tension of nanofluids and development of a new correlation", International Journal of Thermal Sciences 2015, Vol. 98, pp. 68-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2015.07.008
- R. D. Deegan, O. Bakajin, T. F. Dupont, G. Huber, S. R. Nagel, T. A. Witten, "Contact line deposits in an evaporating drop", Physical Review E 2000, Vol. 62, pp. 756-765. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.62.756
- X. Zhong, A. Crivoi, F. Duan, "Sessile nanofluid droplet drying", Advances in Colloid and Interface Science 2015, Vol. 217, pp. 13-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cis.2014.12.003
- H. Hu, R. G. Larson, "Evaporation of a sessile droplet on a substrate", Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2002, Vol. 106, pp. 1334-1344. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp0118322
- Dynamic wetting and heat transfer characteristics of a liquid droplet impinging on heated textured surfaces vol.97, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.02.041
Supported by : 한국연구재단