- Volume 28 Issue 6
In the long-term care insurance (LTCI) system, National Health Insurance Service (NHIS) provide counseling services for beneficiaries and their family caregivers, which help them use LTC services appropriately. The purpose of this study was to develop a Target Selection Model for the Counseling Services based on needs of beneficiaries and their family caregivers. To develope models, we used data set of total 2,000 beneficiaries and family caregivers who have used the long-term care services in their home in March 2013 and completed questionnaires. The Target Selection Model was established through various data-mining models such as logistic regression, gradient boosting, Lasso, decision-tree model, Ensemble, and Neural network. Lasso model was selected as the final model because of the stability, high performance and availability. Our results might improve the satisfaction and the efficiency for the NHIS counseling services.
long-term care insurance;NHIS counseling services;data-mining;Lasso
- Han, E. J., Kwon, J. H., Lee, J. M., Lee, J. S., Choi, J. K., Park, J. D. (2013). Improvement of LTC Service Counseling System for the Community-Dwelling Elderly, National Health Insurance Service, Seoul.
- Han, E. J., Lee, J. M., Jo, J. W. and Kim, D. H. (2012). Improvement of LTC Service Management System, National Health Insurance Service, Seoul.
- Han, E. J., Lee, J. S., Kim, D. G. and Kwon, J. H. (2014). A decision-support system for care plan in Long-term care insurance, The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 27, 667-679. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2014.27.5.667
- Hastie, T., Tibshirani, R. and Friedman, J. (2009). The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference and Prediction, Second Ed, Springer Verlag, New York.
- Hyun, K. R. and Lee, S. M. (2012). Effects on the functional status changes of LTC(Long-Term-Care) services, Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 32, 593-609.
- Jegal, H. S. (2011). Improvement of Long-term care insurance service quality: development of integrated community system for the elderly health and welfare and introduce necessary of care management, Public policy institute for people, Seoul.
- Kang, H. C., Han, S. T., Choi, J. H., Lee, S. G. and Kim, E. S. (2014). Data Mining Methodology for Big Data Analysis, Freedom Academy, Seoul.
- Kwon, J. D. (1994). A study on the assessment of caregiver burden in caring for the demented elderly in Korea, Doctoral thesis of Yonsei university, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. K., Jung, K. H., Kim, J. S., Kim, C. W., Park, G. W., Jung, M. Y., Kim, S. J. and Nam, H. J. (2013). Reform LTC Level-Decision system and development of dementia management model, National Health Insurance Service Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Seoul.
- National Health Insurance Service (2014a). Act on Long-Term Care Insurance for Senior Citizens, National Health Insurance Service, Seoul.
- National Health Insurance Service (2014b). A Source Book for the Work Processing of Long-Term Care Insurance, National Health Insurance Service, Seoul.
- OECD (2011). Help Wanted?, Providing and paying for long-term care.
- SAS Institute Inc (2014). SAS Enterprise Miner 13.1 Reference Help. Cary, NC.
- Sunwoo, D., Lee, T. H., Seo, D. M., Chung, S. D. and Kim, S. J. (2014). Improvement for Advanced Long-Term Care Insurance System, National Health Insurance Service, Seoul.
- Tibshirani, R. (1996). Regression shrinkage and selection via the Lasso, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 58, 267-288.