- Volume 28 Issue 6
This paper presents a new prediction method based on relative error incorporated with a penalized regression. The proposed method consists of fully data-driven procedures that is fast, simple, and easy to implement. An example of real data analysis and some simulation results were given to prove that the proposed approach works in practice.
prediction;relative error;penalized regression;LASSO
- Buelmann, P. and van de Geer, S. (2011). Statistics for High-Dimensional Data - Methods, Theory and Applications, Springer.
- Hwang, H.-J. and Shin, K.-I. (2008). Shrinkage prediction for small area estimation, The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 21, 109-123. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2008.21.1.109
- Jeong, S.-O. and Shin, K.-I. (2008). A new nonparametric method for prediction based on mean squared relative errors, Korean Communications in Statistics, 15, 255-264. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2008.15.2.255
- Jones, M. C., Park, H., Shin, K.-I., Vines, S. K. and Jeong, S.-O. (2008). Relative error prediction via kernel regression smoothers, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 138, 2887-2898. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspi.2007.11.001
- Park, H. and Shin, K.-I. (2006). A shrinked forecast in stationary process favoring percentage error, Journal of Time Series, 27, 129-139. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9892.2005.00458.x
- Park, H. and Stefanski, L. A. (1998). Relative-error prediction, Statistics and Probability Letters, 40, 227-236. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-7152(98)00088-1
- Tibshirani, R. (1996). Regression shrinkage and selection via the Lasso, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, 21, 279-289.