- Volume 25 Issue 6
The purpose of this paper is to explore the future direction of research on gifted education through a literature review of dissertations and research reports, as well as an analysis of the trends and milestones achieved related to gifted education. The period from 2003 to 2012, from which the data for this literature review was collected, marks the ten-year period proposed by the Gifted Education Development Comprehensive Plan II and I. Data was collected through a search of the keyword "gifted" on Academic Naver and on Korea Education and Research Information Service (KERIS). Results showed 1,696 articles from 182 academic journals, 138 doctoral dissertations, 1,470 masters' dissertations, and 798 research reports from 75 institutions. For analysis, each article was classified by target of study, kind of giftedness, subject of study, and methods used for the study. Results from this literature review demonstrated that from 2003 to 2012, the articles from the 182 academic journals and the doctoral and masters' dissertations used quantitative research to analyze elementary and middle school students gifted in math and science as well as the curriculum and programs of their study. This paper provides recommendations for future research on gifted education within the country.
Status of research;Trend of research;Gifted person;Talented person;Gifted and talented education
- 교육부 (2013). 제3차 영재교육진흥종합계획(2013-2017).
- 네이버 전문정보 사이트 http://academic.naver.com/(검색일 2013. 4. 19 - 2013. 4 30)
- 박경빈 (2012). 한국 영재교육의 연구동향 분석. 영재교육연구, 22(4), 823-840.
- 이신동, 고운정 (2010). 영재교육의 최근 이슈에 대한 논의. 인문과학논총, 25, 189-218.
- 학술연구정보서비스 사이트 http://www.riss.kr/index.do(검색일 2013. 5. 1 - 2013. 5. 14)
- 한국교육개발원 영재교육종합데이터 베이스 사이트 https://ged.kedi.re.kr/(검색일 2013. 5. 1- 2013. 5. 14)
- 한국교육개발원 (2013). 2012 영재교육 통계연보.
- 한기순, 양태연 (2007). 최근 국내 영재교육 연구의 흐름: 2000-2006년도 연구물 분석. 영재교육연구, 17(2), 338-364.