- Volume 24 Issue 6
In recent years, WorldSID has been continuously developed and investigated to be the representative biofidelic anthropomorphic test device (ATD) as well as the device for replacement of the current EuroSID-2. In Korea, the side impact accident is one of the major severe accidents in terms of the number of accidents and fatality. Since 2003, the side crash test with a speed of 50 kph in the perpendicular direction has been initiated as a safety standard with EuroSID-1 at the first stage. Simultaneously, a 55 kph impact test has been conducted as a part of Korean New Car Assessment (KNCAP). Currently, only EuroSIDE-2 is accepted as a regulatory tool for vehicle certification and KNCAP. The tests with WorldSID are conducted experimentally in order to use WorldSID of the KNCAP in near future.
Pole side impact;EuroSID-2;Worldwide side impact dummy;New car assessment program;Global technical regulation;Anthropomorphic test device
- Korea Road Traffic Authority, 2013, Traffic Accident Statistical Analysis, Korea Moonhwa-Printing Association of Person with Disabilities.
- Iwata, K., Tatsu, K., Saeki, H., Okabe, T., 2013, Comparison of Dummy Kinematics and Injury Response between World SID and ES-2 Side Impact, SAE Int. J. Trans. Safety, 1:1 192-199. https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0599
- Youn, Y. H., Lee, E. D., Kim, D. U., 2013, A Comparison Study of Tow Side Impact Dummies Based on the Probability of Injury Risk Curves, 23rd International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicle, 1942-1948.
- Chang, H. J., Kim, D. Y., Lee, C. S., Kim, D. U., Shin, S. J., Kim, G. H., 2012, An Experimental Study on the Characteristics of Driver and Passenger Injury as Side Impact, KSPE Spring Conference, 1105-1106.
- Kim, G. W., 2012, A Comparison Study on Vehicle Crash Characteristics and Dummy Characteristics for Pole Side Impact, A Thesis for a Master, Korea University of technology of technology & Education, Republic of Korea.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 인천대학교