- Volume 24 Issue 6
A probe pin is a key component of LED inspection equipment. The probe pin makes contact with the LED electrodes and supplies an electric current. Because the mechanical and electrical homogeneity of the probe surface affects the service life and reliability, its characterization is essential. For this study, the hardness was measured using a micro-Vickers hardness test. Moreover, the thicknesses of the plating at different locations and the elemental compositions were examined using an FE-SEM. The uniformity of the plating was found to be acceptable because palladium was detected consistently throughout the tested domain. In addition, the hardness of the surface was determined to be higher than that of the typical palladium range, which is attributed to the use of undercoated nickel.
LED inspection system;Probe pin;Micro-vickers hardness;Plating
- Lee, S. J., 2013, The Presence of Korea Display Industry and Future Prospect, A Thesis for a Master, Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea.
- Park, S. H., 2011, Fast Edge Detection & Feature Tracking Algorithm for Display Equipment Inspection, A Thesis for a Master, Hanyang University, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, S. W., Lee, C. S., Hyun, D. H., 2013, A Study on Aspheric Optics European LED Streetlights Type for the Prevention of Light Pollution, Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, 22:3 420-436.
- Yoo, K. S., Lee, C. S., Hyun, D. H., 2014, Investigation of the Angular Distribution of Luminous Intensity in the Symmetric Optical System of a COB LED High Bay, Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, 23:6 609-617. https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2014.23.6.609
- Kim, D. W., Park, C. H., Kim, K. S., Kim, C. S., 2011, Development and Mass Production Potential of a Novel 5-side Photodiode LED Viewing Angle Measurement System, Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, 20:5 623-631.
- Back, H. G., 2008, Nano-materials for Probe Tip of SPM and Improvement of Surface Hardness, A Thesis for a Master, Yonsei University, Republic of Korea.
- Suh, J. Y., 2009, The study on the Development Process of Pogo Probe, A Thesis for a Master, Tongmyoung University, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, S. I., Kim, W. G., Pyo, C. R., Tae, S. K., Son, Y. S., Bang, I. W., Park, G.W., Jeon, B. H., 2010, Micro Multi-layer Probe Pin manufacturing Technology by Electroforming Processes, Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering 27:5 225-226
- Holm, R., 1967, Electrical Contacts: Theory and Application 4th ed., Springer-Verlag, London.
- Park, D. G., Park, Y. J., Lim, S. K., Kim, I., Shin, S. H., Cho, H. C., Park, S. P., Kim, D. W.,2012, Characteristics of MEMS Probe Tip with Multi-rhodium Layer, Journal of the Korean institute of surface engineering, 45:2 81-88. https://doi.org/10.5695/JKISE.2012.45.2.081
- Broue, A., Dhennin, J., Charvet, P. L., Courtade, F., Heeb, P., Pons, P., Plana, R., 2010, An Experimental Characterization of Au-, Ru-, Rh-and Ni-Based Micro Contacts for MEMS, Symposium on Design Test Integration and Packaging of MEMS/MOEMS(DTIP), 397-402.
- Ye, G. C., Chae, Y. W., 1999, Corrosion Resistance and Hardness of Tin-Nickel Electrodeposits, 32:4 521-530.
- Smith, H. M., 1983, Changing Concepts in the Electroplating of Platinum Group Metals, Metal Finishing, 81:3 55-58.
- Jang, G. S., 2005, Hardness Measurement Method and Understand the Principles, The Korean Fiber Society, 33:1 192-214.
- ASTM, 2005, Standard Test Method for Micro indentation Hardness of Materials, ASTM E384-05, United States.
- Kim, S. J., Kong, Y. S., Lee, S. Y., 2009, Weilbull Statistical Analysis of Micro-Vickers Hardness using Monte-carlo Simulation, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 33:4 346-352. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.4.346
- Martin, J. L., Toben, M. P., Whitlaw, K. J., 1990, Palladium and Palladium Alloy Electrodeposits in the Electronics Industry, Metal Finishing, 88:1 39-41.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국 연구재단