- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Acceleration Life Prediction of the Capacitor on a Traction Inverter for a High-Speed Train
고속철도차량용 견인 인버터 커패시터의 가속수명 예측
- Received : 2015.11.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.15
The aim of this study is to develop a technique for the accelerated life test of the capacitor in a propulsion control device of a traction inverter used for a high-speed train. Using this technique, the accelerated life test can possibly estimate the life cycle of a capacitor under various temperature conditions and irregularly applied voltage. The accelerated life test is conducted for the capacitor of the traction inverter. The common proceedings of this test are selection of failure mechanism, determination of accelerated stress, range determination of the accelerated stress, determination of the test condition, and distribution and determination of the sample. From this result, the continuous applied voltage was not considered for the acceleration factors anymore. Therefore, the final result having an acceleration factor of 9.4 (= 13,626/1,445) was observed. Furthermore, the life-shortening acceleration effect for the irregular applied voltage condition can be applied to various situations.
High-speed train;Capacitor on a traction inverter;Acceleration life test;Life and exchange period prediction;Life-shortening acceleration effect;Efficiency of maintenance
- Venet, P., Perisse, F., El-Hussein, M. H., Rojat, G., 2002, Realization of a Smart Electrolytic Capacitor Circuit, IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, 51:1 16-20.
- Shon, J., 2009, A Characteristic Analysis and Capacitance Estimation Algorithm of Electrolytic Capacitor for Non-linear Loads, The Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Transport Systems, 8:6 180-186.
- Yum, B. J., Kim, S. H., 1990, Development of Life-Test Sampling Plans for Exponential Distribution Based on Accelerated Life Testing, Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 17 2735-2743.
- Tyoskin, O., Krivolapov, S., 1996, Non-parametric Model for Steptress Accelerated Life Testing, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 45:2 346-350. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.510824
- Nelson, W., Meeker, W. Q., 1987, Theory for Optimum Accelerated Censored Life Tests for Weibull and Extreme Value Distributions, Technometrics, 20:2 171-177.
- Nelson, W., 1990, Accelerated Testing: Statistical Models, Test Plans, and Data Analyses, New York, John Wiley.
- Bai, D. S., Chung S. W., 1991, An Optimal Design of Accelerated Life Test for Exponential Distribution, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 31:1 57-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/0951-8320(91)90036-7
- Yu, H. F., Tseng, S. T., 2002, Designing a Screening Experiment for Highly Reliable Products, Naval Research Logistics, 49:5 514-526. https://doi.org/10.1002/nav.10024
- Yu, H. F., 2002, Optimal Selection of the Most Reliable Product with Degradation Data, Engineering Optimization, 34:6 579-590. https://doi.org/10.1080/03052150215723
- An Experimental Study of the Lifetime of a Tripod Shaft with Torsional Fatigue Using an Accelerated Life Test Method vol.19, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-018-0165-1
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교