- Volume 24 Issue 6
When many holes on a plane are machined simultaneously, the positional precision and machining efficiency are very important. Multi-spindle heads are typical order making products of which the number of shafts and hole positions vary depending on the size or form of the product. For the automatic design of multi-spindle heads, the design modules for power transmission systems for drive, idle, and spindle shafts were developed, and a design technique the determining the optimum position and number of idle shafts according to gear positions was developed. In addition, for the precise determination of the multi-spindle head, the design methods for the guide planes of columns, and feed mechanisms were devised. In addition, the design modules for accurate clamping and automatic transportation mechanisms were developed. Finally, in order to simplify and standardize the design process, the design analysis and simulation verification modules are integrated.
Multi-spindle head;Special-purpose machine tool;Power transmission system;Automatic design modules;Accurate clamping;Automatic transportation
- Lu, K. J., Kota, S., 2006, Topology and Dimensional Synthesis of Compliant Mechanisms Using Discrete Optimization, Journal of Mechanical Design, 128:5 1080-1091. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2216729
- Im, M., Park, J. Y., Ham, S. Y., 2010, Reliability Based Topology Optimization of Compliant Mechanisms, Journal of the KSMTE, 19:6 826-833.
- Yoon, J. Y., Hwang, Y. K., Park, J. S., KO, T. J., Park, J. W., 2002, An Integrated CAD System for Design of Extruder Screw, Journal of Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 19:8 100-107.
- Park, H., Park, Y., Liang, S., 2011, Multi-procedure Design Optimization and Analysis of Mesoscale Machine Tools, The Int. J. of Advanced Manufacturing, 56:1-4 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-011-3160-6
- Weikert, S., 2004, R-Test, a New Device for Accuracy Measurements on Five Axis Machine Tools, CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, 53:1 429-432. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)60732-X
- Kim, M. S., Chung, W. J., Jeong, S. W., Jeon, J. Y., 2013, Methodology for Simulation of Trochoid Pump, Journal of the KSMTE, 22:3 465-471.
- Liang, H., Hong, H., Svoboda, J., 2002, A Combined 3D Linear and Circular Interpolation Technique for Multi-axis CNC Machining, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 124:2 305-312. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1445154
- Brecher, C., Witt, S., 2009, Interactive Analysis of the Structural Mechanic Behavier of Machine Tools, Production Engineering, 3:4-5 475-481. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11740-009-0172-2
- Maglie, P., 2012, Parallelization of Design and Simulation: Virtual Machine Tools in Real Product Development, A Thesis for a Doctorate, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurihi, Swiss.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교