- Volume 39 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Product Analysis and Appearance Evaluation of a Sleeve Head for the Aesthetic Exterior of a Jacket Sleeve
재킷 소매의 심미적 외관을 위한 슬리브헤드의 제품분석 및 외관평가
- Received : 2015.05.28
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study analyzes the form of sleeve heads, which is an important internal element that affects the appearance of jacket sleeves. It characterized sleeve head forms by investigating angles, materials, and a combination of formations for 50 sleeve heads. It conducted an appearance evaluation by comparing and analyzing the results. This paper develops a sleeve head appropriately for sleeve construction. The study results are as follows. First, the product was divided into three parts: based on, force receiving, and sleeve cap parts. There were four types of man's sleeve head: straight, arc, and curve A and B types. The woman's sleeve head had two types: straight and curve B type. Second, the feature of each type of sleeve head was analyzed. A straight type emphasized the based on part. An arc type highlighted the force receiving part while the based on part decreased. The sleeve cap part, force receiving part, and based on part were emphasized in the arc type sleeve head. Third, as a result of the appearance evaluation, each type was rank as straight type < arc type
Sleeve head;Straight type;Arc type;Curve type
- Choi, K. M., Lee, J. O., Lee, H. S., & Nam, Y. J. (2009). Apparel making Jacket. Seoul: Kyohakyeongusa.
- Geum, W. S. (2011). Man's industry pattern. Seoul: Kyohakyeongusa.
- Han, M. L. (2015). A study on the formative factors effecting on the appearance of the sleeves. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Changwon National University, Changwon.
- Lee, H. C. (2015). Rules of PATTERN (INNOVATION man's wear). Paju: Gyomunsa.
- Lee, M. H. (1998). 소매입체구성을 위한 봉합특성과 오그림 특성-소매산둘레선상의 각도변화를 중심으로- [Sewing and easing contraction for three-dimensional construction of sleeve-About different angles on the sleeve cap curve line-].Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Pusan National University, Busan.
- Park, S., & Park, J. (2009). A study on the inner structure of men's casual jackets. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 59(1), 136-145.
- Sleeve Head Development for an Aesthetic Appearance of a Jacket Sleeve vol.40, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2016.40.2.365
Supported by : 부산대학교