- Volume 39 Issue 6
Polytrimethylene Terephthalate (PTT) is an eco-fiber with good elastic properties; however, it requires more detailed studies related to spinnability according to blending of various kinds of fibers. The evolution of spinning technology was focused on improved productivity with good quality; in addition, air vortex spinning was recently invented and applied on the spinning factory as the facility with good productivity and quality. More detail spinning technology according to the blending of various kinds of fibers on the air vortex spinning system is required to obtain good quality yarns for high emotional fabrics. In this paper, the physical properties of air vortex, compact and ring staple yarns using PTT/wool/modal blend fibers were investigated with yarn structure to promote high functional PTT that includes fabrics for high emotional garments. Unevenness of air vortex yarns was higher than those of compact and ring yarns; in addition, imperfections were greater than those of compact and ring yarns, which was attributed to a fascinated vortex yarn structure. Tenacity and breaking strain of air vortex yarns were lower than those of compact and ring yarns, caused by higher unevenness and more imperfections of air vortex yarns compared to compact and ring yarns. Vortex yarns showed the highest initial modulus and ring yarns showed the lowest ones which results in a stiff tactile feeling of air vortex yarns in regards to the initial modulus of yarns. Dry and wet thermal shrinkages of air vortex yarns were lower than ring yarns. Good shape retention of vortex yarns was estimated due to low thermal shrinkage.
PTT;Vortex yarn;Compact yarn;Uneveness;Thermal shrinkage
- Choi, H. (2003). Preparation and physical properties of stretch fabrics using with poly(trimethylene terephthalate) fiber. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industy, 5(1), 53-58.
- Chung, H. G., Park, S. W., Kang, B. C., & Song, M. H. (2005). Comparision of mechanical properties of warp knitted fabrics using PET and PTT yarn. Journal of the Textile Science and Engineering, 42(5), 302-309.
- Das, A., & Mal, R. D. (2009). Studies on cotton-acrylic bulked yarns produced from different spinning technologies. Part I: yarn characteristics. Journal of the Textile Institute, 100 (1), 44-50. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000701692379
- Das, A., Zimniewska, M., & Mal, R. D. (2009). Studies on cotton-acrylic bulked yarns produced from different spinning technologies. Part II: fabric characteristics. Journal of the Textile Institute, 100(5), 420-429. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000701865009
- Han, W. H. (2010). Effect of drawing conditions of the worsted yarn on the mechanical properties of drawn worsted yarns and their knitted fabrics. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan.
- Jang, B, S. (2003). Shrinkage properties of PTT Yarn and elongation properties of PTT weft knitted fabrics. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Kilic, G. B., & Sular, V. (2012). Frictional properties of cotton-tencel yarns spun in different spinning systems. Textile Research. Journal, 82(12), 755-765. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517511429610
- Kilic, M., & Okur, A. (2011). The properties of cotton-tencel and cotton promodal blended yarns spun in different spinning systems. Textile Research Journal, 81(2), 156-172. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517510377828
- Kim, J. C., Oh, T. H., & Hyun, J. H. (2002). PTT-new fibers in 21C. Fiber Technology and Industry, 6(12), 29-40.
- Kim, S. J., Woo, J. Y., & Kim, H. A. (2013a). The physical properties of micro modal air vortex yarns and their knitted fabrics. Proceedings of Asian Textile Conference, Fall Conference, China, 24.
- Kim, S. J., Woo, J. Y., & Kim, H. A. (2013b). The physical properties of eco-friendly hemp/tencel air vortex blend yarns and their knitted fabrics. Proceedings of 7th Aachen-Dresden International Textile, Fall Conference, Germany, 7.
- Lee, D. H., Jeong, H. S., & Lee, M. C. (2002). Dyeing of PTT fiber(1) - Effect of heat setting on the dyeing and physical properties of PTT fiber -. Journal of the Korean Society of Dyers and Finishers, 14(5), 268-276.
- Lee, D. H., Choi, K. R., Na, M. H., & Cha, H. C. (2012). Mechanical properties of PET/PTT/Rayon staple blended fabrics. Textile Science and Engineering, 49(2), 126-132. https://doi.org/10.12772/TSE.2012.49.2.126
- Lee, D. H., Jeong, D. S., Kim, H. J., & Lee, M. C. (2003). Dyeing of PTT fiber(2) - Effect of solvent treatment on the dyeing and physical prperties of PTT fiber -. Journal of the Korean Society of Dyers and Finishers, 15(4), 208-216.
- Luo, J., Wang, F., & Xu., B. (2011a). Factors affecting crimp configuration of PTT/PET bicomponent filaments. Textile Research. Journal, 81(5), 538-544. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517510383616
- Luo, J., Wang, F., Li, D., & Xu, B. (2011b). Elasticity of woven fabrics made of polytrimethylene terephthalate/ polyethylene terephthalate bicomponent filaments. Textile Research Journal, 81(8), 865-870. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517510391700
- Ovejero, R. G., Sanchez, J. R., Ovejero, J. B., Valldeperas, J., & Lis, M. J. (2007). Kinetic and diffusional approach to the dyeing behavior of the polyester PTT. Textile Research Journal, 77(10), 804-809. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517507080665
- Park, Y. H., Shim, J. Y., Kim, J. Y., & Cha, H. C. (2003). Dyeing and finishing technology of PTT fiber. Fiber Technology and Industry, 7(3), 261-272.
- Shouye, X. L., Jiao, S., & Wang, F. (2013). Configuring the spinning technology of PTT/PET bicomponent filaments according to fabric elasticity. Textile Research Journal, 83 (5), 487-498. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517512447584
- Sung, W. K. (2010). A study on the dyeing of PTT(polytrmethylene trephthalate)/silk mixture fabrics with disperse dyes/ acid dyes. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(1), 94-102. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.1.094
- Zhao, L., Hu, H., & Wang, S. H. (2011). Fuzzy-intergrative judgement on the end-use performance of knitted fabrics made with poytrimethylene terephthalate blended yarns. Textile Research Journal, 81(17), 1739-1747. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517511410103
- Physical properties of ring, compact, and air vortex yarns made of PTT/wool/modal and wearing comfort of their knitted fabrics for high emotional garments vol.108, pp.9, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000.2016.1275444
- Physical Properties of Polypropylene Blended Yarns with Yarn Counts and Blended Ratio vol.20, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.5.600
Grant : Hybrid Wool 50% 이상 복합방적사를 이용한 세탁수축률 3% 이하, 필링성 4급 이상의 경량보온성 Tra-biz Outdoor용 투습방수소재 및 제품개발