- Volume 39 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effect of TV Home Shopping Service Quality on Relationship Commitment and Customer Loyalty -Fashion Products-
TV홈쇼핑 서비스품질의 관계몰입과 고객충성도에 대한 영향 -패션제품을 중심으로-
Hong, Keum Hee
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.14
- Published : 2015.12.31
TV home shopping maintains annual growth in the midst of harsh competition by numerous fashion retail channels. This study investigated the dimensions of service quality of TV home shopping for fashion products as well as the effect of service quality on relationship commitment and customer loyalty. Questionnaires were distributed to consumers in their 20s to 40s who purchased fashion products via TV home shopping in the past 6 months. A total of 240 questionnaires were put into the analysis. The results are as follows. First, four dimensions of service quality of TV home shopping were found: convenience, economy, entertainment, and information seeking. Relationship commitment had two dimensions of affective commitment and calculative commitment. Second, the service quality of TV home shopping affected customer loyalty through a relationship commitment. The predictors of affective commitment were entertainment, economy, and information seeking; in addition, those of calculative commitment were economy and entertainment. Third, both affective commitment and calculative commitment predicted customer loyalty to TV home shopping. The affective commitment had more predictive power. The findings show that the service quality of TV home shopping did not directly affect customer loyalty, but they had influence through relationship commitment variables. Entertainment and economy were the most powerful predictors among service quality dimensions.
TV home shopping;Service quality;Affective commitment;Calculative commitment;Customer loyalty
- Chang, J. Y., & Lee, Y. J. (2006). Effects of situational involvement on impulsive buying of apparel products in cable TV home shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(2), 233-244.
- Choi, J. Y., Cho, S. H., & Kim, M. S. (2012). Purchase behaviors, size combination suitability & products satisfaction for women's underwear sets sold on TV home shopping. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 20(2), 154-168. https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2012.20.2.154
- Chun, T. Y., & Park, N. H. (2012). The effect of TV home shopping channels trait on consumer trust, commitment and loyalty for hair and beauty products. Korea Logistics Review, 22(2), 247-269.
- Cortese, J., & Rubin, A. M. (2010). Use and gratification of television home shopping. Atlantic Journal of Communication, 18, 89-109. https://doi.org/10.1080/15456870903554924
- Gruen, T. W., Summers, J. O., & Acito, F. (2000). Relationship marketing activities, commitment and membership behaviors in professional associations. Journal of Marketing, 64(3), 34-49. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20630
- Hong, B. S., Lee, E. J., & Cho, M. A. (2009). The effect of purchase reviews on the trust, satisfaction, commitment, and repurchase intention of consumer in internet shopping malls. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(11), 1817-1827. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.11.1817
- Hwang, S. A., & Hwang, S. J. (2011). The effect of cosmetic companies' CRM activities on relationship benefits, relationship commitment and brand switching reduction intention. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 49(7), 97-109.
- Joo, J. H., Choi, M. I., & Kim, B. C. (2008). Effect of TV home-shopping attributes on the viewing intention and purchase intention: Focused on perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and perceived risk. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 19(1), 37-53.
- Jung, Y. S. (2009). A study on the development strategy for the take-off of TV home-shopping industry: with emphasis on the role and responsibility of TV home shopping retailers. Journal of Channel and Retailing, 14(5), 107-127.
- Kang, J. E. (2006). Antecedent factors and consequent behaviors of customer commitment on the web site. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kim, B. C., Moon, J. W., & Choi, M. G. (2014). Effects of TV viewing motivation of home shopping on viewing satisfaction and purchase intention. Advertising Research, 100, 264-292.
- Kim, H. D. (2004). The influences of consumer shopping value on advertising effectiveness of CATV home-shopping channels: Focus on interaction with product involvement and company credibility. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 6(4), 87-118.
- Kim, H. K., & Cho, H. J. (2007). The effect of customer satisfaction and commitment on repurchasing intention: Focus-ing on internet shopping. Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review, 10(2), 81-102.
- Kim, M. J. (2013, November). 홈쇼핑: 더 이상 '홈'쇼핑이 아니다 (E*TRADE Research 1-33) [Home shopping: No longer it is not 'home' shopping (E*TRADE Research 1-33)]. Seoul: E*TRADE Research.
- Ko, S. H., & Rhee, Y. S. (2014). A study on department store environmental factors to improve consumer commitment: Focusing on a comparison of department store. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 38(2), 147-160. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.2.147 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.2.147
- Ku, Y. S., & Kim, J. Y. (1999). Apparel purchasing behavior of cable TV home-shopping viewers. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 1(3), 231-238.
- Lee, J. Y., & Lee, S. J. (2000). A study on service quality and repurchase intention of home shopping apparel. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 50(5), 91-102.
- Lee, M. Y. (2006). The effect of service quality on satisfaction and customer retention of clothing purchase in cable TV home-shopping. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. B. (2011). Uses and gratifications of TV home-shopping channels. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 11(12), 241-249.
- Lim, C. M., & Kim, Y. K. (2011). Older consumers' TV home shopping: Loneliness, parasocial interaction, and perceived convenience. Psychology & Marketing, 28(8), 763-780. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20411
- Moorman, C. R., Zaltman, G., & Deshpande, R. (1992). Relationships between providers and users of market research: The dynamics of trust within and between organization. Journal of Marketing Research, 29(3), 314-328. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172742
- Morgan, R. M., & Hunt, S. D. (1994). The commitment-trust, theory of relationship marketing. Journal of Marketing, 58(3), 20-38.
- Nam, M. W., & Koh, A. R. (2004). Urban house wives' clothing evaluative criteria, perceived risks on apparel buying through cable TV home shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 54(6), 1-13.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. (1988). SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing, 64 (1), 12-40.
- Park, J. G. (2002). A study on the determinants and the result of impulse buying in the cable TV home shopping market. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Park, J. H., & Lennon, S. J. (2004). Television apparel shopping: Impulse buying and parasocial interaction. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 22, 135-144. https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X0402200304
- Park, S. H., & Hong, B. S. (2007). The effect of brand loyalty and word of mouth between trust and commitment of silver women and salesperson. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(7), 1139-1147. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.7.1139
- Park, S. Y., & Shim, J. M. (2006). Interactivity effect on the relationship commitment and purchase intention in the internet shopping mall. Ewha Management Review, 24(1), 19-46.
- Ryou, E. J. (2009). A study on the equity formation of apparel private brand with TV home-shopping. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 17(2), 330-342. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2009.17.2.330
- Seo, M. J., & Kim, H. S. (2004). The relationship between impulsive buying stimulus and buying experience in cable TV home shopping. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 42(3), 105-118.
- Yang, Y. Y., & Chun, J. S. (2000). Consumer's perception on apparel products in catalog shopping, TV home shopping and internet shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 24(8), 1137-1145.
- Yu, H. K., & Kim, H. R. (2001). Consumer satisfaction/dissatisfaction and complaining behavior of clothing cable TV home shoppers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(6), 1143-1154.
- 대한상의, 2015년 1분기 소매유통업 경기전망지수 조사 [The Korea Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Retail Business Survey Index survey for Q1, 2015]. (2015, January 4). Newswire. Retrieved August 3, 2015, from http://www.newswire.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=779140&ected=