- Volume 4 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Subjective Evaluation on Perceptual Tracking Errors from Modeling Errors in Model-Based Tracking
- Rhee, Eun Joo ;
- Park, Jungsik ;
- Seo, Byung-Kuk ;
- Park, Jong-Il
- Received : 2015.12.14
- Accepted : 2015.12.27
- Published : 2015.12.31
In model-based tracking, an accurate 3D model of a target object or scene is mostly assumed to be known or given in advance, but the accuracy of the model should be guaranteed for accurate pose estimation. In many application domains, on the other hand, end users are not highly distracted by tracking errors from certain levels of modeling errors. In this paper, we examine perceptual tracking errors, which are predominantly caused by modeling errors, on subjective evaluation and compare them to computational tracking errors. We also discuss the tolerance of modeling errors by analyzing their permissible ranges.
Tolerance analysis;Human perceptual error;Modeling error;Model-based tracking
- H. Kato and M. Billinghurst, "Marker tracking and hmd calibration for a video-based augmented reality conferencing system," in Proc. IEEE and ACM International Workshop on Augmented Reality (IWAR'99), 1999, pp. 85-94.
- D. G. Lowe, "Distinctive image features from scaleinvariant keypoints," International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 91-110, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000029664.99615.94
- H. Bay, A. Ess, T. Tuytelaars, and L. V. Gool, "Speeded-up robust features (SURF)," Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 346-359, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cviu.2007.09.014
- M. Pollefeys, L. V. Gool, M. Vergauwen, F. Verbiest, K. Cornelis, J. Tops, and R. Koch, "Visual modeling with a hand-held camera," International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 207-232, 2004.
- M. Brown, T. Drummond, and R. Cipolla, "3d model acquisition by tracking 2d wireframes," in Proc. British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC'00), 2000, pp. 11-14.
- A. Y. Mulayim, U. Yilmaz, and V. Atalay, "Silhouette-based3-dmodelel reconstruction from multiple images," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B, Cybernetics, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 582-591, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2003.814303
- N. Snavely, S. M. Seitz, and R. Szeliski, "Modeling the world from internet photo collections," International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 189-210, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11263-007-0107-3
- P. Bunnun and W. W. Mayol-Cuevas, "Outlinar: an assisted interactive model building system with reduced computational effort," in Proc. IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR'08), 2008.
- A. van den Hengel, R. Hill, B. Ward, and A. Dick, "In situ image-based modeling," in Proc. IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR'09), 2009.
- R. Newcombe, A. Davison, S. Izadi, P. Kohli, O. Hilliges, J. Shotton, D. Molyneaux, S. Hodges, D. Kim, and A. Fitzgibbon, "KinectFusion: real-time dense surface mapping and tracking," in Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR' 11), pp. 127-136, 2011.
- H. Park, J. Oh, B.-K. Seo, and J.-I. Park, "Automatic confidence adjustment of visual cues in model-based camera tracking," Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds (CAVW), vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 69-79, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/cav.321
- Robust Video Stabilization Using Particle Keypoint Update and l1-Optimized Camera Path vol.17, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/s17020337
Supported by : Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA)