- Volume 4 Issue 6
This paper considers the physical layer security problem for a two-way vehicle-to-vehicle network, where the two source vehicles can only exchange information through an untrusted relay vehicle. The relay vehicle helps the two-way transmission but also acts as a potential eavesdropper. Each vehicle has a random velocity. By exploiting the random carrier frequency offsets (CFOs) caused by random motions, a secure double-differential two-way relay scheme is proposed. While achieving successful two-way transmission for the source vehicles, the proposed scheme guarantees a high decoding error floor at the untrusted relay vehicle. Average symbol error rate (SER) performance for the source vehicles and the untrusted relay vehicle is analyzed. Simulation results are provided to verify the proposed scheme.
Vehicle-to-vehicle communications;Physical layer security;Two-way relay;Double differential modulation
- R. Zhang, L. Song, Z. Han, and B. Jiao, "Physical Layer Security for Two-Way Untrusted Relaying with Friendly Jammers," IEEE Trans. On Vehicular Technology, vol. 61, no. 8, June 2012, pp. 3693-3704. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2012.2209692
- Z. Gao, X. Liao, X. Sun and S. Zhu, "A Secure Space-Time Code for Asynchronous Cooperative Communication Systems with Untrusted Relays," in Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Shanghai, China, April 7-10, 2013, pp. 4192-4196.
- J. Mo, M. Tao, Y. Liu, and R. Wang, "Secure Beamforming for MIMO Two-Way Communications with an Untrusted Relay," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 9, Sept. 2014, pp. 2185-2199. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2014.2307276
- H. Zhang, H. Xing, X. Chu, et.al., "Secure Resource Allocation for OFDM Two-Way Relay Networks," in Proc. IEEE Globecom, Anaheim, California, USA, December 3-7, 2012, pp. 3649-3654.
- M. R. Bhatnagar, A. Hjorungnes, L. Song, and R. Bose, "Double-Differential Decode-and-Forward Cooperative Communications over Nakagami-m Channels with Carrier Offsets," in Proc. IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, Princeton, NJ, April 28-30, 2008, pp. 1-5.
- M. R. Bhatnagar and O. Tirkkonen, "PL Decoding in Double Differential Modulation based Decode-and-Forward Cooperative System," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 17, no. 5, May 2013, pp. 860-863. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2013.040213.122566
- M. R. Bhatnagar, A. Hjorungnes, and L. Song, "Amplify-and-Forward Cooperative Communications using Double-Differential Modulation over Nakagami-m Channels," in Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Las Vegas, NV, March 31-April 3, 2008, pp. 350-355.
- Q. Zhao and H. Li, "Performance of Differential Modulation with Wireless Relays in Rayleigh Fading Channels," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 9, no. 4, April 2005, pp. 343-345. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2005.1413628
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integral, Series, and Products, 5th ed., Academic Press, 1994.
- J. G. Proakis, Digital communications, 4th ed., New York: McGra-Hill, 2000.
- M. Chiani, D. Dardari, and M. K. Simon, "New Exponential Bounds and Approximations for the Computation of Error Probability in Fading Channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 2, no. 4, April 2003, pp. 840-845.
- H. Hartenstein, K. P. Laberteaux, "A Tutorial Survey on Vehicle Ad Hoc Networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 6, June 2008, pp. 164-171.
- Y. Choi, D. Kim, "Quality-Supporting Duration for Dual-Hop Vehicle-to-Vehicle Cooperative Communications," in Proc. Int. Conference on Information and Communication Technology, Bandung, Indonesia, March 20-22, 2013, pp. 33-37.
- M. W. Baidas, A. B. MacKenzie, and R. M. Buehrer, "Network-Coded Bi-Directional Relaying for Amplifyand-Forward Cooperative Networks: A Comparative Study," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 7, July 2013, pp. 3238-3252. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2013.061713.121107
- Z. Gao, Y. Yang, and K. J. R. Liu, "Anti-Eavesdropping Space-Time Network Coding for Cooperative Communications," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 10, no. 11, Nov. 2011, pp. 3898-3908. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2011.100611.110320
Supported by : Natural Science Foundation of China