- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Educational Effect of Human Body Exploration Camp on Health Promotion of Elementary Students
초등학생을 위한 인체탐험캠프가 건강증진에 미치는 교육적 효과
- Received : 2015.05.14
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
In this paper, learn how to establish a proper lifestyle and health management through professional and systematic health education for children and young people, and laid the foundations for lifelong health, and to present the saeroeun paradigm complements the problems of school health education This study aimed to examine the effectiveness of the human body exploration camp program on elementary students in health promotion aspect. Survey was done pre-, post- and followup- tests for 61 participants in the camp. The evaluation consisted of 53 questionnaires multiple-choice written test on the changes of knowledge and attitude. Factor analysis and reliability analysis were used to SPSS WIN18.0 verify questionnaire's reliability and validity, and paired t-test were carried out in order to analyze knowledge and shift in attitude. In addition, regression analysis was carried out in order to the relation between the satisfaction, knowledge and attitude. By this study, we showed as follows. First, knowledge were increased post- than pre-test, follow up- than pre-test(p<0.01). Second, shift in attitude changed positively post- than pre-test(p<0.01), follow up- than pre-test(p<0.05). Third, satisfaction was closely related to shift in attitude(p<0.01). Therefore, it suggested that the implement of human body exploration camp for elementary students could be an alternative strategy in health education.
Elementary;Health Promotion;Human Body Exploration Camp;School health education
- The national institute of the Korean language Korean standard unabridged dictionary
- Korean statistical information service: cause of death statistics Available From: http://kosis.kr/wnsearch/totalsearch.jsp, 2012.12
- Y. S. Kim, Y. M. Ha, H. J. Park, H. S. Jung, E. H. Kwon: on Current State and Strategies for Strengthening School Health Education in Elementary, Midlle and High Schools in Seoul. Education, Culture and Research 17(3): 353-374, 2011. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2011.17.3.353
- World Health Organization : School health and youth health promotion [Online].Available From: http://www.who.int/school_youth_health/en, 2011.
- E. S. Park, Y. J. Ryu, H. S. Han, K. S. Hwang, R. L. Im, H. S. Moon, S. H. A Nationw ide Survey on Current Conditions of School Health Education. J Korean Acad Nurs. 36(2): 381-388, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.2.381
- Y. J. Kim, J. S. Kim : Analysis of the contents related to health education of the 7th education course for elementary schools. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health. 16(2) 71-84, 2003. 12
- S. Y. Lee, Y. S. Park. A Study of International Comparison and Analysis of Health Education Contents in Elementary Schools. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health. 2(2): 57-78, 2001.12
- C. Y. Lee, E. G. Kim, E. G. Oh, H. Y. Ji, S. N. Jo, M. H. Jeong. Health Education Status in Elementary, Middle and High Schools by National Health Education Guidelines. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health. 23(2): 172-180, 2010.12
- Y. S. Kim, Contents Analysis of Health Education Unit in the Physical Education Textbooks. Journal of Korea Sports Research. 18(2): 373-382, 2007.
- S. N. Yun, Y. I. Kim, J. M. Choi, H. S. Cho, Y. H. Kim, Y. N. Park, G. S. Oh, B. O. Lee, S. N. Cho, S. Y. Cho, S. H. Han, Y. M. Ha. Health Education Needs of Students, Parents and Teachers and the Status of Health Education in Elementary, Middle, and High Schools. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health. 18(1): 1- 14, 2005.
- S. Kim. The Effects of Regular Health Education by School Nurse on Primary School Children's Health-related Knowledge and Behavior. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health. 14(2): 161-175, 2001.
- Y. H Choe: Health Education Strategies through the Use of Mass Media. The Journal of Korean Society for Health Education. 7(2): 15-21, 1990.
- Y. Ko, I. S. Lee. Clusters of Health-Promoting Schools in Middle and High Schools Based on the WHO Guidelines. J Korean Acad Community Health Nurs. 24(3): 282-291, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.3.282 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.3.282
- G. Y. Lee, I. O. Sim, Y. J. Mun, Y. H. Song. Effects on Health Educational Curriculum Revised in 2008 for Middle School Students, South Korea. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health. 23(2): 151-161, 2010.
- J. Y. Nah, Y. I. Kim, H. S. Kim. The Effects of Systematic Health Education Promotion Behavior in Elementary School Students. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health. 24(2): 173-180, 2011.
- Takao Kazumi(2010) : Current and Future of School Health Education in Japan. J. of Korean Soc. of School Health.. 11(1): 1-6, 2010.
- K. W. Kwon, K. M. Lee, H. S. Kim, J. S. Kim, K. K. Chung: Measurement of Effects of Health Education Methods on Sex and AIDS. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, 17(2): 111-124, 2000.
- Wood ER: Evaluation of a hospital-based education program for patients with diabetes. J Am Diet Assoc 89:354, 1989.
- Y. I. Kim, E. O. Park. The Effect of Health Education on Knowledge and Health Promoting Behaviors in Elementary School Students. J Korean Soc School Health. 26(2): 55-61, 2013.
- O. Y. Woo, A Comparative Study on School Health Education Policy in Korea and the US. Korean Eeducation Review. 11(1): 47-83, 2006.
- Summerfield LM: National Standards for School Health Education. Available From: http// www.ericdigests.org/1996-2/health.html(2010, nov 26).
- J. N. Park, J. W. Hong, E. J. Jang, C. H. Pak: Program Satisfaction by Grade Level of Elementary and Middle School Student in the Life Environment Science Camp. J. korea soc. People Plants Environ. 14(3): 197-200, 2011.
- J. H. Kim, J. H, Park, K. H. Ryu. A Survey on Vision Health Education of Health Teachers in Elementary Schools. Korean J. Vis. Sci. 13(3): 187-195, 2011.