- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The competency and employ ability prospects of students majoring in sports & recreation
체육관련학 전공자의 역량과 노동시장 분석
- Received : 2015.06.19
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate competency and employ ability of labor market for college students who are majoring in sports and recreation studies. It was revealed that the stanine score 2 achievement is 1 college, the stanine score 3 achievement is 11 colleges, the stanine score 4 achievement is 32 colleges, the stanine score 5 achievement is 15 colleges, and the stanine score 6 achievement is 5 colleges. This result indicated that the colleges locating in large cities or providing with certification of the secondary school teaching are performed highly academic achievement record. In an analysis of competency test among students who are majoring in sports & recreation, or physical education, the mean scores of physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and management competencies among the students are 3.88, 3.61, 3.52, 3.30, and 3.21, respectively. This study is about preparation: getting it right at the beginning; giving the right training and educating to the right people to create an effective workforce for the delivery of sports and recreation market. This understanding, can be used as a guide to policies and possible actions related to training and recruitment.
competency;employ ability;sport & recreation
- H. Y. Oh, Analysis of the Change of University Hierarchy Structural, The Journal of Korean Education, 34, 1, 181-201, 2007.
- S. M. Jang, Economics of The University Education, Korean Labor Institute: Quarterly Journal of Labor Policy, 2, 1, 47-79, 2002.
- S. M. Jang, E. B. Kong, H. I. Lee, The Role of Education in Enhancing National and Industrial Competitiveness, Korea Education Development Institute, 2004.
- Ministry of Education and Science Technology, Education Statistics, Ministry of Education and Science Technology, 2014.
- C. S. Woo, H. M. Kim, A study on Manpower Training the Range of Optimum Size for The Higher Education, Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development, 2004.
- J. W. Nam, M. H. Cho, W. D. Kwon, K. B. Goo, J. H. Seo, A Review of Human Resource and National Certificates, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 40, 97-106, 2010.
- M. H. Cho, A Review of the National Coaching Certification for the Professionalization of Sport Coaches, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 33, 51-61, 2008.
- M. H. Cho, W. D. Kwon, Are the National Certifications of Sport and Recreation Moving into Professionalization?, Korean Journal of Sport Management, 16, 1, 15-25, 2011.
- M. H. Cho, W. D. Kwon, A Review of Professionalization and National Certification relating to Physical Education & Sport Studies, Korean Society of Sport Management, 17, 1, 1-10, 2012.
- H. S. Shin, Reform Policy of Korean Higher Education, Hakjisa, 2005.
- J. Y. Choi, J. E. Chae, Y. I. Seo, H. R. Min, Global Trend Analysis on Univeristy Educational Capacity Enhancement Policy, Korean Education Development Institute, 2011.
- D'Aveni, R. A. Hypercompetition. New York: The Free Press, 1994.
- Huisman, J. Higher Education Policy: The evolution of a journal. Higher Education Policy, 21, 3, 265-274, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/hep.2008.6 https://doi.org/10.1057/hep.2008.6
- Nybom, T. The Humboldt Legacy: Reflections on the Past, Present, and Future of the European University. Higher Education Policy, 16(2), 141-159, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.hep.8300013 https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.hep.8300013
- Teichler, U. Arimoto, A. Cummings, WK. The Changing Academic Profession: Major Findings of A Comparative Survey. London, Springer, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-6155-1 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-6155-1
- Krucken, G. Meier, F. Turning The University into An Organizational Actor, in G. Drori, J. Meyer & H. Hwang (eds.) Globalization & Organization: World Society and Organizational Change, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 241-257, 2006.
- Navarro, JR. Gallardo, FO. A Model of Strategic Change: Universities and Dynamic Capabilities. Higher Education Policy, 16(2), 199-212, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.hep.8300016 https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.hep.8300016
- K. B. Noh, Policy Proposal for University General Education Promotion, Seoul: National Research Council for Economics, Humanities and Social Science, 2009.
- H. J. Jo, M. L. Kim & M. R. Eom, An Investigation on Comparing Programs of Center for Teaching and Learning in Korea and Foreign Countries Universities, Korean Comparison Education Society, 19, 2, 269-293, 2009.
- Toma, JD. Building Organizational Capacity: Strategic Management in Higher Education. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2010.
- Trow, M. Managerialism and The Academic Profession: The Case of England. Higher Education Policy, 7(2), 11 -18, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/hep.1994.13 https://doi.org/10.1057/hep.1994.13
- Y. O. Park, H. K. Lee, T. Y. Han, M. H. Kwon, J. H. Sin, S. J. Lee, S. D. Lee, The Sport-Related Job Characteristics and Employment-Induced Effect of Sport Industry, Korean Sports Promotion Foundation, 2005.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Surveying Demand for Sport Industry Professional Manpower, Korean Labor Institute, 2008.
- Y. S. Lee, Job Outlooks for Sport and Physical Education Students, Sports Science, 16-21, 2009.
- K. N. Lee, An Analysis Of Educational Needs For Developing Employment Competency Of University Students, The Journal of Vocational Education Research, 31, 3, 199-225, 2012.
- J. S. Go, G. N. Lee, S. N. Kim, J. H. Byun, A Study on Defining the Concept and Estimating the Weight of Employment Competency for the Youth, The Journal of Vocational Education Research, 29, 2, 17-42.
- Y. K. Jung, S. K. Han, H. Y. Oh, H. J. Jang & N. R. Kim, Development of Index for KRIVET Career Prospect, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training, 2008.
- O. K. Yang, A Development of a Scale for Life Satisfaction, Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 4, 157-198, 1994.
- Rubin, A. Babbie, E. Research Methods for Social Work. Belmont California, Wadsworth Publishing Company, 1989.
- S. M. Lee, Factor Analysis I, Hakjisa, 1995.
- N. K. Cho, Physical Education-Related Studies' Futuristic Admission according to the Desired Human Resource Image in the Contemporary Society, Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, 16, 4, 173-186, 2012.
- J. H. Park, Career Invigoration Measures for Students Majoring in Sports, Exercise, and Physical Education, Journal of Korean Society of Sport Policy, 9, 2, 189-206, 2011.
- J. A. Ryu, E. A. Ko, J. Park, M. S. Oh, Gender Human Resources Database in Tourism and Sports sectors by gender, Korean Culture & Tourism Institute, 2010.
- Korean Employment Information Service, Korean Vocation Dictionary, Korean Employment Information Service, 2012.
Supported by : 한국연구재단