- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effect of Flexi-bar exercise on postural alignment and balance ability in juvenile soccer players
플렉시-바 운동이 유소년 축구선수의 자세정렬과 균형에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2015.05.16
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study aimed to analyze the effect of flexi-bar exercise on changes in postural alignment and balance of juvenile soccer players. The subjects were juveniles soccer players divided into exercise and control groups of 10 players each. The exercise group performed a flexi-bar exercise for 30 minutes a day three times weekly for eight weeks, and the differences in postural alignment and balance before and after the experiment and between study groups were analyzed. The measurements before the subjects exercised revealed overall asymmetric postural alignments and balance toward the right and rear sides. The study results showed that the exercise group had a statistically significant improvement in the height and angle of both shoulder, scapula, pelvis and hands(p<.05) after performing the exercise. Changes in balance showed that the exercise group had statistically significant reduction in changes in curve length(p<.05). The study verified that flexi-bar exercise can be effective for improving the postural alignment and balance of juvenile soccer players.
Balance;Flexi-bar;Juvenile Soccer Player;Postural Alignment
- F. Idoate, J. L. Calbet, M. Izquierdo, J. Sanchis-Moysi, "Soccer Attenuates the Asymmetry of Rectus Abdominis Muscle Observed in Non-Athletes", PLoS One, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. e19022, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0019022 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0019022
- S. Stewart, W. Stanton, S. Wilson, J. Hides, J. Hides, "Consistency in Size and Asymmetry of the Psoas Major Muscle among Elite Footballers", Br J Sports Med, Vol. 44, pp. 1173-1177, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2009.058909 https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2009.058909
- O. K. Moon, H. S. Jung, "A Study of Coupled Motion of Lumbar Spine in Extended Posture in Football, Baseball Players and General Students", Journal of The Korean Society of Integrative Medicine, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 29-35, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15268/ksim.2013.1.3.029
- Y. H. Uhm, S. K. Park, D. J. Yang, "Effect of Asymmetric Exercise to Soccer Player's Spinal Deformity and Weight Bearing", Journal of the Korean Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 45-52, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5627/KACE.2012.10.1.045 https://doi.org/10.5627/KACE.2012.10.1.045
- K. S. Yun, I. S. Jun, H. M. Kwak, J. H. Kim, C. B. Jeon, G. K. Kim, H. J. Lee, "The Effect of 12-Weeks Core Stability Exercise Program on Physical Fitness and Soccer Techniques in Middle School Soccer Players", Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 205-213, 2013.
- J. Abdi, H. Sadeghi, "The Effect of Eight-Week Core Stability Training Program on the Dynamic Balance in Young Elite Footballers", Scoliosis, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 20, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1748-7161-8-S1-P20 https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-7161-8-S1-P20
- S. George, M. I. Ione, P. Cristian, "Study on Improving Lower Limb Strength among Junior Soccer Players Aged 14", Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 117, pp. 275-281, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.02.213 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.02.213
- D. Rolto, C. Nnadi, J. Fairbank, "Scoliosis: a review", Paediatrics and Child Health, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 197-203, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.paed.2013.09.014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paed.2013.09.014
- Neumann, D. Kinesiology of the musculoskeletal system: foundations for rehabilitation. 2nd ed. p.366-378, Mosby Publishers, 2010.
- M. Grabara. "Comparison of Posture among Adolescent Male Volleyball Players and Non-Athletes", Biology of Sport, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 79-85, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5604/20831862.1127286 https://doi.org/10.5604/20831862.1127286
- M. Grabara. "Body Posture of Young Female Basketball Players", Biomedical Human Kinetics, Vol. 4, pp. 76-81, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2478/v10101-012-0014-0 https://doi.org/10.2478/v10101-012-0014-0
- J. Y. Lee, H. L. Roh, "Comparison of Balance Ability Between Stable and Unstable Surfaces for Chronic Stroke Patients", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 3587-3593, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3587 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3587
- Y. C. Choi, J. H. Lee, J. S. Kim, "The Effects of Trunk Muscle Strengthening Exercises on Balance Performance of Sitting Posture and Muscle Tone of Children with Cerebral Palsy", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 4098-4106, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4098 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4098
- J. S. Chung, Effect of Flexi-bar Exercise on Trunk Muscles Activity According to Posture Change in Healthy Adult. Catholic University of Daegu Dissertation of Master's Course, 2013.
- K. N. Mileva, M. Kadr, N. Amin, "Acute Effects of Flexi-Bar vs. Sham-Bar Exercise on Muscle Electromyography Activity and Performance", J Strength Cond Res, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 737-748, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181c7c2d8 https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181c7c2d8
- J. H. Kim, K. H. SO, Y. R. Bae, B. H. Lee, "A Comparison of Flexi-bar and General Lumbar Stabilizing Exercise Effects on Muscle Activity and Fatigue", J Phys Ther Sci, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 229-233, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1589/jpts.26.229
- Kisner C, Colby LA. Therapeutic exercise foundations and techniques. 5rd ed. p.221-222, F.A. Davis Company Publishers, 2007.
- J. Moreside, F. J. Vera-Garcia, S. M. McGil, "Trunk Muscle Activation Patterns, Lumbar Compressive Forces, and Spine Stability When using the Bodyblade", Phys Ther, Vol. 87, No. 2, pp. 153-163, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20060019 https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20060019
- J. A. Lee, M. S. Lee, S. K. Ki, H. Y. Moon, "An Examination of Spinal Health for Children Who are Talented at Sports", The Korean Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sport Science, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 25-33, 2012.
- S. Oyama, J. B. Myers, C. A. Wassinger, R. Daniel Ricci, S. M. Lephart, "Asymmetric Resting Scapular Posture in Healthy Overhead Athletes", J Athl Train, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 565-570, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-43.6.565
- L. I. Oddsson, C. J. De Luca, "Activation Imbalances in Lumbar Spine Muscles in the Presence of Chronic Low Back Pain", J Appl Physiol, Vol. 94, No. 4, pp. 1410-1420, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.01183.2001 https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.01183.2001
- J. S. Parry, R. Straub, D. J. Cipriani, "Shoulder and Back-muscle Activation During Shoulder Abduction and Flexion using a Bodyblade Pro versus Dumbbells", J Sport Rehabil, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 266-272, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsr.21.3.266
- A. Zouita Ben Moussa, S. Zouita, C. Dziri, F.Z. Ben Salah, "Postural Control in Tunisian Soccer Players", Science & Sports, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 54-56, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scispo.2011.03.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scispo.2011.03.006
- M. Hubscher, A. Zech, K. Pfeifer, F. Hansel, L. Vogt, W. Banzer, "Neuromuscular Training for Sports Injury Prevention: A Systematic Review", Med Sci Sports Exerc, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 413-421, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181b88d37
- A. Zech, M. Hubscher, L. Vogt, W. Banzer, F. Hansel, K. Pfeifer, "Neuromuscular Training for Rehabilitation of Sports Injuries: A Systematic Review", Med Sci Sports Exerc, Vol. 41, No. 10, pp. 1831-1941, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181a3cf0d https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181a3cf0d
- J. H. Choi, E. G. Oh, H. J. Lee, "Comparisons of Postural Habits, Body Image, and Peer Attachment for Adolescents with Idiopathic Scoliosis and Healthy Adolescents", J Korean Acad Child Health Nurs, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 167-173, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2011.17.3.167 https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2011.17.3.167