- Volume 16 Issue 8
The purpose of the present study was to figure out the effects of the result variables of hospital employees' conflicts on organizational effectiveness variables such as job satisfaction and organizational commitment. The present study was conducted with 305 subjects. The correlations among conflict, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment levels by conflict factor and by conflict type were analyzed using correlation analyses and multiple regression analyses were conducted to examine the effects of intra-organizational conflicts on conflict results while general and job related characteristics variable were controlled. According to the results of analyses, conflicts due to job satisfaction factors such as communication, leadership, and personality had significant negative effects on overall, intrinsic, and extrinsic job satisfaction levels and organizational commitment factors such as interdependence, leadership, and personality were significant conflict variables. By type, horizontal conflicts affected job satisfaction while vertical conflicts affected organizational commitment. When intra-organizational conflict levels were higher, job satisfaction and organizational commitment levels were lower and when job satisfaction levels were higher, organizational commitment levels were also higher
Conflict;Job satisfaction;Organizational commitment;Hospital employees
- B.S.,Kang Preventive Medicine & Public Health, Guechuk Munwhasa co, pp.622-625, 2013.
- Robbins SP. Organizational Behaviour, New York, Prentice-Hall, 1989.
- C.K.Ryu, A Study on the Relationship among the Staffs of Hospital. Graduate School of Public Administration Young Nam University, 2002
- Dressler G. Human Behavior : Improving Preformance of work. New York, Prentice Hall. 1979.
- J.W. Lee, Y.S Eo, Effects of Organizational Cultures On Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment : Focused on small to Medium sized Hospitals. The Korean Jounel of health service Management, 8(3). pp.75-87. 2014
- Y.J. Choi, K.S. Lee. A study on the job satisfaction and organizational commitment of hospital employees, Productivity review, 26(3), pp. 319-342, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15843/kpapr.26.3.201209.319
- G.S. Heo, K.S. Kim, J,W. Moon, Clinic study on the causes of conflict and conflict management in the Organization. Korean Hospital Association 25(12), pp. 4-19, 1996.
- J.S. Shin, J.Y Park, S. Kam, J Ree, Hospital Employees' Conflict and Attitude Toward Patients. Korean Journal of Hospital Management , 2(1), pp. 114-136 ,1997.
- Mcdowell I, Newell C. Measuring Health. New York Oxford, Oxford univ. Press, 1996.
- K.N. Lee, An empirical study on conflict among professional. Administration, Graduate School Cheng Ju University, 1992
- D.WHan, Job Satisfaction and Commitment of General Hospital Employees Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, 28(3), pp.588-608, 1995
- H.S Hwang, M.S Hong. A Comparative study Nurses' Role Conflict and Job Satisfactions in ICU and General Unit. Department of Nursing Chonnam University Medical School, Chonnam Reseach Institute of Nursing Science, 6(1), pp. 51-66, 2001.
- S.K Lee, J.O. Park. Relationship among Autonomy Perceived by Nurses, Group Cohesiveness, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, Job Motivation, and Purpose of emplyment. Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 2(1), pp. 5-15, 1996.
- Y.M. Lee. Organizational commitment and its related factor among medium hospitals of nurse, Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial Cooperation Society, 12(11), pp. 4764-4769, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4764 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4764
- J.H. Lee, S.J. Jin, H.J. Ju. Impact of the Organizational commitment and organizational culture of nursing and turnover intention on the job satisfaction of public hospital nurse, korean Association of Health and medical sociology 30: pp. 205-230, 2011.
- H.S. Lee, S.H. Kim, S.H. Kim, S.K. Hwang, The Effect of workers Job satisfaction and Turnover lntention of Health Service Management 6(3), 99. 107-115, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.3.107
- H.J. Kwon, B.H. Suk, S.J. Chee, Y.M. Ahn, Y.J. Kim, S.A. Park, K.S. Lee, S.J. Kwon, G.S. Oh, M.A. Kim. The Relationship between the Types of Nursing organizational culture, Nurse's safisfaction with Life, and Job safisfaction, Journal of korean clinical Nursing Research. 17(1) pp. 57-69, 2011.
- W.H Cho. Applying the Team System in the Hospital. Journal of the Korean Hospital Association.12 , 1999
- J.W. Lee, Y.S. Eo, Influencing Factors on Organizational commitment in Hospital Nurses, Journal of the korean Data Analysis Society. 13(2B), PP. 759-769, 2011.
- J.H. Moon, organizational culture, Job stress and turnover Intention among Nurses in Small and Medium Sized Hospitals, Unpublished Master's Thesis, Hanyang University. pp. 23-42, 2012.