- Volume 16 Issue 8
In FFT(Fast Fourier Transform) implementation, DIT(Decimation-In-Time) and DIF (Decimation-In-Frequency) methods are mostly used. Among them, various DIF structures such as Radix-2/4/8 algorithm have been developed. Compared to the DIF, the DIT structures have not been investigated even though they have a big advantage producing a sequential output. In this paper, a butterfly structure for DIT Radix-8 algorithm is proposed. The proposed structure has smaller latency time because of Radix-8 algorithm in addition to the advantage of the sequential output. In case of 4096-point FFT implementation, the proposed structure has only 4 stages which shows the smaller latency time compared to the 12 stages of Radix-2 algorithm. The proposed butterfly can be used in FFT block required the sequential output and smaller latency time.
- R. Sarmiento, V. D. Armas, J. F. Lopez, J. A. Montiel-Nelson, and A. Nunez, "A CORDIC processor for FFT computation and its implementation using gallium arsenide technology", IEEE Trans. on VLSI Systems, vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 18-30, Mar. 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/92.661241 https://doi.org/10.1109/92.661241
- M. Bekooij, J. Huisken, and K. Nowak, "Numerical accuracy of Fast Fourier Transforms with CORDIC arithmetic", Journal of VLSI Signal Processing, vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 187-193, Jun. 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1008179225059 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008179225059
- J. Lee and H. Lee, "A high-Speed 2-Parallel Radix-24 FFT/IFFT processor for MB-OFDM UWB Systems", IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals, vol. E91-A, No. 4, pp. 1206- 1211, April, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ietfec/e91-a.4.1206 https://doi.org/10.1093/ietfec/e91-a.4.1206
- H. J. Kim and Y. B. Jang, "Low-area FFT processor structure using radix-42 algorithm", Journal of IEEK, vol. 49-SD, No. 3, pp. 8-14, Mar. 2012.
- In-Gul Jang and Jin-Gyun Chung, "Low-power FFT design for NC-OFDM in cognitive radio systems", Journal of IEEK, vol. 48-TC, No. 6, pp. 28-33, Jun. 2011.
- Eun Ji Kim and Myung Hoon Sunwoo, "High speed 8-parallel FFT/IFFT processor using efficient pipeline architecture and scheduling scheme", Journal of KICS, vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 175-182, Mar. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7840/kics.2011.36c.3.175 https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2011.36c.3.175
- Y. B. Jang, E. S. Hur, J. S. Park and D. K. Hong, "High-speed Radix-8 FFT Structure for OFDM", Journal of IEEK, vol. 44-SP, No. 5, pp. 84-93, May, 2007.
- Young Beom Jang and Sang Woo Lee, "Low-power butterfly structure for DIT Radix-4 FFT implementation", Journal of KICS, vol. 38A, No. 12, pp. 1145-1147, Dec. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38a.12.1145 https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38a.12.1145
- Young Beom Jang and Sang Woo Lee, "A New DIT Radix-4 FFT Structure and Implementation", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 683-690, Jan. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.683 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.683
- K. Rao, D. N. Kim, and J. J. Hwang, "Fast Fourier Transform - Algorithms and Applications" Springer, 2011.
Supported by : 상명대학교