- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Evaluation on Sustainability of Urban Regeneration Project in Shanghai, China
중국 상하이 도시재생 사업의 지속가능성 평가에 관한 연구
Oh, Deog-Seong;Choi, Joon-Sung;Wang, Zhen;Lee, Seo-Jeong
- Received : 2015.07.27
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
The goal of this study is to identify the main strategies through the evaluation on sustainability of urban regeneration projects in Shanghai. To achieve these goals the following specific objectives was carried out; First, 4 main sectors of Sustainability are categorized by literature review; Physical Environment, Social Economy, History Culture and Execution Management. Second, 4 cases are evaluated in terms of main sectors and main strategies are derived. Lastly, the implication and its conclusion are estimated. In conclusion. 'Mixed & high-density land use', 'Improvement in green environment', 'Induction of specific Industry and facility', 'Preservation of Regional Cultural heritage', 'Strengthen cultural identity in the Central area' and etc. are main strategies to improve sustainability of urban regeneration.
Evaluation of Sustainability;Shanghai;Urban Regeneration Project
- Roberts, P., Sykes, S., Urban Regeneration : A Hanbook, SAGE publication, 2000
- D. S. Oh, I. S. Yeom,. Evaluation of Sustainability on Urban Regeneration Project, The Seoul Institute, 9(1), pp.65-83, 2008.
- Y. H. Kim, K. Y. Baek, D. S. Oh, A Study on the Characteristics of City Center Regeneration in Sheffield, England, Architectural Institute of Korea, 19(9), pp.69-78, 2003.
- Y. H. Kim, J. W. Choi, D. S. Oh, A Study on the Strategies and Elements of Growth Management -typed City Center Regeneration, Korea Planners Association, 38(3), pp.85-97, 2003.
- C. B. Park, D. S. Oh, A Study on the Policies and Institutions for Downtown Regeneration of Foreign Country, Korea Planners Association, 39(5), pp.25-38, 2004.
- K. I, Lee, J. O. Rhee, Study for the Promote Strategy of Sustainable Urban Regeneration, Architectural Institute of Korea, 26(3), pp141-149, 2010.
- I. H. Lee, J. H. Lee, A Study on the Urban Planning Elements for Sustainable Urban Regeneration, Urban Design Institute of Korea, 12(6), pp.101-114, 2011.
- J. G. Ahn, H. C. Jeong, T. J. Kim, J. H, Lee, A Study on the Planning Factors and Residents Satisfaction of Urban Regeneration in Large Cities, Korea Planners Association, 49(3), pp.211-226, 2014.
- D. S. Oh, K. B. Lee, Jurgen Pietsch. A Study on Culture-Led Urban Regeneration based on historical context and cultural infrastructure, Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, 7(6), pp.53-65, 2007.
- C. B. Lee, The Study in Newly Spatial Preserved Techniques of Historic and Cultural Environment for Urban Regeneration, Paper of Master degree in Sung Kyun Kwan University, 2006.
- Guan Juan, The Operation Mechanism Development of Urban Redevelopment in Shanghai Downtown, Paper of Master degree in Tongji University, 2008.
- Li Zhi, Bottom-up models of the old city regeneration research-take example in Shanghai Tianzifang, Paper of Master degree in Huaqiao University, 2013.