- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Fire Drill Behavior Characteristics in Rehabilitation Center for Visually Impaired Persons
시각장애인 복지관의 화재 피난행태 특성분석 연구
Lee, Jeong-Soo;Kwon, Heung-Soon;Kim, Eung Sik
- Received : 2015.05.08
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study focused on the architectural, interior and management guidelines in rehabilitation center for visually impaired persons. For these purposes, we reviewed the movement behaviors and the characteristics of fire drill in rehabilitation center for visually impaired persons. The results are as follows. : First, the liner circulation paths and interior landmarks are recommended, and dwelling units and program rooms should be located in ground floor for barrier free evacuation. Second, It is important to establish continuous handrail, variations of paving patterns and materials, good color definition, tactile informations and directional sound. Third, it is necessary to serve more specified architectural, interior, and management guidelines according to impaired prototypes.
Visually Impaired Person;Rehabilitation Center;Fire Drill;Movement Behavior
- Ministry of Employment and Labor.Korea Employment Agency for the Disabled Employment Development Institute, 2013 Statistics of Disabled, pp.25-32, December, 2013.
- Korea Disabled People's Development Institute, A Study on the Architectural Design and Fire Drill Guidelines for Preventing Hazzard in Rehabilitation Center for Disabled People, p.35, September, 2011.
- Welfare of Disabled Persons Act Enforcement Rule Table 5, 'Guidelines for Establishment and Management of Rehabilitation Center for Disabled people'(provisions 41 and 42)(revised April. 10, 2012).
- Jongha Kim, Sanghee Kim, "Analysis on Trends and Characteristics of Previous Research on Domestic Evacuation Behaviors due to the Fire Occurrence", Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, pp.101-112., March, 2014.
- Inyoung Kim, "A Study on the Reconstruction of Space in Welfare Center for People with Visual Disability Considering Social Demands", Master Thesis, Graduate School of Kunkuk University, pp.10-12., February, 2010.
- IWAO SEKITA, "The Difficulties of Visually Impeded Person's in Walking", Tsukuba University of Technology Techno-Report, Vol.18 (1), p.74., December, 2010.
- Korea Welfare Foundation for the Visually Handicapped, Comprehension of Visually Impeded Person, Walking. From http://www.hsb.or.kr/client/visually/visually3 _3.asp. (acessed March. 27, 2015).
- The Association of Rehabilitation Center for Disabled People, 2012 Handbook of Rehabilitation Center for Disabled People, pp.341-342, April, 2013.
- Kim Myeong Hun et. al., "A Study on Walking Speed of Visually Handicapped People in Welfare Center", 2013 KIFSE Annual Fall Conference, Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, pp.324-327, November, 2011.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Standard Manual for Fire Safety Education in Rehabilitation Center for Disabled People, p.34, December, 2011.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Division of Social Services Resources, Standard Operating Procedure of Rehabilitation Center for Disabled People, p.96, January, 2014.
- HMGovernment, Fire Safety Risk Assessment Supplementary Guide, pp.25-27. UK, March, 2007.
- NFPA, Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide For People with Disabilities, pp.22-27, June, 2007.