- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Comparative Analysis on Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Plans of 8 Pilot Cities
국내 기후변화 시범도시의 완화와 적응계획 비교연구
- Choi, Joon-Sung (Department of Architecture, Chungnam National University)
- 최준성 (충남대학교 건축학과)
- Received : 2015.07.13
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
The purpose of this paper is to draw main characteristics of local climate change plans of 8 pilot cities through a serious of comparative analyses. The results of the analyses on the mitigation plans and the adaptation plans are the followings; Firstly, climate change plans have two types of distinctive frameworks. Secondly, vision, objectives, and main strategies are composed of main key words. The key words of mitigation plans are low carbon, GHG, green city, energy, and green growth. Adaptation, ecosystem, healthy, safe, disaster, water are the key words that frequently shown in adaptation plan. Thirdly, the mitigation plans tend to place emphasis on transportation and common area. The adaptation plans tend to weigh on water control and forestry. The main characteristics of both mitigation plans and adaptation plans of 8 pilot cities are summarized and policy implications are suggested.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- T.F., D. Qin, G.-K. Plattner, M. Tignor, S.K. Allen, J. Boschung, A. Nauels, Y. Xia, V. Bex and P.M. Midgley Eds., IPCC Fifth Assessment Report, "Summary for Policymakers. In: Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis" Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA. 2013
- Kim, Mang-Gi, "Korean Peninsula Climate Change Forcast, 2012 National Climate Change Scenario Workshop", Climate Information Center, Oct., 23. 2012
- M.L. Parry, O.F. Canziani, J.P. Palutikof, P.J. van der Linden and C.E. Hanson, Eds., IPCC Fourth Assessment Report, "Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability", Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2007
- Roger N. Jones, Paul Dettmann, Geoff Park, Maureen Rogers, Terry White, "The relationship between adaptation and mitigation in managing climate change risks- a regional response from North Central Victoria, Australia", Mitig Adapt Strat Glob Change, 12, p.685, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11027-007-9094-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11027-007-9094-5
- Metropolitan City of Busan, "Busan Compre- hensive Climate Change Plan", October, 2010.
- Gyeongnam Development Institute, "Changwon Comprehensive Climate Change Plan", April, 2012.
- Chosun University Institute of Academia- industrial Cooperation, "Gwangju Compre- hensive Climate Change Plan", October, 2010.
- Jeju Development Institute, "Jeju Comprehensive Climate Change Plan", December, 2010
- Ulsan Development Institute, "Ulsan Comprehen- sive Climate Change Plan", September, 2010
- Korea Environment Corporation, "Wonju Comprehensive Climate Change Plan", March, 2010.
- Joennam Region Environmental Technology Development Center, "Yeosu Comprehensive Climate Change Plan", January, 2010.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, "2006 Domestic Green House Gas Emission Statistics", 2006
- Choi, Joon-Sung, "Comparative Case Study on Urban Climate Change Plans", Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. v.15, n.3, p.543, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2014.15.1.539