- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Necessity and Possibility of Punitive Damages System for the accident prevention
안전사고 예방을 위한 징벌적 손해배상제도 도입 필요성
- Received : 2015.06.19
- Accepted : 2015.09.11
- Published : 2015.09.30
Large accidents such as the recent to the ringing years Pat disaster they become apparent in the human resources, the cause of the accident is also the site corresponding manual member and management blind spots, are aggregated such as safety frigidity. Big problem is safe frigidity of workplace than accident. It is also a reason to introduce a punitive damages system in offices and business owners that caused the direct safety accident from this point. Punitive damages agent and compensation for mental damage, by so as to compensate for far more money than the actual damages, which carry a punishment nature to prevent a situation where the tort is repeated. Currently, it admits "compensatory damages system" corresponding to the damage that gave basically damage by law, but are subject to criticism that not properly relief victims. However, there is a need for the introduction of punitive damages system for safety accident prevention. This is, this system, while to prevent the recurrence of the reverse safety accident, strive to investment and management for safety, healthy companies can operate in the direction of giving more opportunities, national companies that are ignoring and threatening the safety, but to leave because the match also to social justice.
Accident prevention;Punitive Damages;Compensation;The Antimonopoly Regulation and Fair Trade Act;Safety frigidity
- Morris, "Punitive Damages in Tort Case," 44 Harv. L. Rev. 1176(1912).
- Sharkey. Catherine M., "Punitive Damages as Societal Damages." 113 Yale Law Journal 347 (2003). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3657525 https://doi.org/10.2307/3657525
- Sedgwick, Measures of Damages, 911 ed. (1912).
- Dautghety. Andrew F. and JenniterF. Reingaum. "Found Money Split-Award Stalues and Seliemenl of Punitive Damages Cases." 5 American Law and Economics 134(2003). https://doi.org/10.1093/aler/5.1.134
- MBC NEWS, 2014. 5. 22.
- D. J. Kim, Competition Law and Consumer law, punitive amages related to introduction study, KLRI, 2007
- S. K. Kim, Seong Nam Byun, A Study on the Law of Punitive Pamagesin Product Liability Litigations, PP 1-6, 2002.
- H. S. Kim, "Legislative assessment of punitive damages", Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2012.
- W. S. Lee, The investigation of the problems with Punitive Damage in Subcontracting Law in Korea, CERIK, Report, 2014.
- K..Redden. Punitive Damages 24, 1980.
- E. S. Lee, "Subcontracting Law no justification Punitive damages", CERIK (Contibutions media), 2013. 3.
- J. S. So,"Features and limits of punitive damages" Kyung Hee University Proceeding 27, 1998.
- S. K. Kim. S.N.Byun,"A Study on the law of Punitive Damages in Product Liability Litigations", Conference on Industrial Engineering, 2002.
- BMW of North American, Inc, v, Ira Gore, Tr. Sict. 1996.
- H. Jung. "A Critical Review of the Subcontracting law three times the Compensation Scheme", Corporate Policy Series, FKI, 2011.
- 378F. 3ct. 832(27d cir, 1967)
- J. I. Lee, Introduction of punitive damages, Dang-A University, knowledge Resoures Development Center, 2005.
- Civil Code Article 390.
- Civil Code Article 750.
- Wheeler, M, E, The constitutional case for Reforming Punitive Damages Procedures 69 Virginia. L. Rev. 269. 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/1072780
- 430 u, s. 851. 1977.
- 430 u. s. 297, 1989.
- H. M. Chai, A Study on the Introduction of Punitive Damages, debating, 2 Seoul Bar Association, PP. 72-74. 2015.
- H. S. Kim, "Legal Issues Relating to Introduction of Punitive Damages", Ewha Law Journal, Vol. 18. No. 1. PP. 155-184, 2013.
- D. S. E, "Side effects of Punitive Damages Prevention Research institutions", Jusitice Report, 2013.
- C. J. Ra, Safety Vulnerable and Safety Improvement of blind Spot related to the legal system, Consumer magazine, 2014.6. P.22
- Y. H. Kim, A Study on the Introduction of Punitive Damages, debating, 2 Seoul Bar Association, PP. 68-74. 2015.
- Security News, "2015 Keywords government policies promoting safety and security"' 2015. 1. 7..
- C. H. Lee, "Criminal policy countermeasures for multiple casualties accident prevention", KIC, 2015.
- W. S. Jung, "Need for introduction of punitive damages for personal injury prevention damages for personal injury prevention", KIRI Weekly Focus. 2014. 5. 12.
- C. H. Lee, "Criminal Law and Criminal Policy Research for Risk" Management of late modern society management, 2009.
- KIPA, collaborative governance structure of crisis management, 2009.
- Y. J. Chang, "In troducing Punitive Damages to Massive Man-made Disasters", Ewha Law Review Vol 4, No, 2, PP, 1-2, 2014.
- Statistics, 2012 Social Survey report, P.17 2012. 12.
- J. Y. Kim, "Study on the possibility and limitations of security through criminal law", Risks and challenges of the modern criminal law, chonnam National University Press, 2009.
- Zinn, Risk Society and reflective Modernization, in ; J.O.Zinn(ed:), Social Theories and Un=certainty, 2008. P.21. 2008.
- M. S. Lee, Alternative des strafrecht fair die sincere Gesellschaft in der Menschenrechtlichen Dimension gesehen, Legal Research, Vol. 55. no, 3. 2014, PP.28-29. 2014.
- B. H. Lee, "Die Sicherheitsgewahrleistung der Burger im Verfassungsstsst" Zeitschrift der Koreanisch-Deutschen Gesellschaft fur Sozialwissenschaften Vol 2. No 1, P. 171. 2011
- J. I. Yi. "Funktion und Grenzen der 'Mehr Sicherheit' mittle des Strafrechts" HUFS Law Review. Vol 35. No 1. P. 217. 2011.
- C. D. Kim, A study on the introduction of Punitive Damages, Symposium on punitive damages introduction, law times, PP. 14-43, 2014.
- T. H. Ha, introduction of Punitive Damages system Piscussion paper, Symposium on punitive damages introduction, law times, PP. 90-94, 2015.
- Y. J. Oh, Law-economics study on the introduction of punitive damages, Symposium on punitive damages introduction, law times, PP. 44-62, 2015.
- J. H. Yun, "The study on the punitive damages", property Law Research, Vol 9, No, 1. P. 134, 1992.
- The Seoul Central District Court, Eastern. 1995. 2. 10. Sentence 93 Gahapuibu 19069.
- U. S. Lee, Suncontracting Law Review lssues of punitive damages in the common law system case, Korea Institute of construction Industry, 2014.