- Volume 16 Issue 9
In LTE-Advanced that different networks coexist, it is considered that it is actually difficult to provide service continuity with a procedural and static control method applied to the existing voice service. This paper suggests Service Self-Organization to support the service continuity effectively based on SON. It means a method in which a subscriber's terminal collects information about its current condition and base station around, and a base station, through the data collected by monitoring inner or adjacent base station, shares related data and converges, controlling service continuity on its own. In other words, as context information of mobile terminal and base station changes, set-up of related functions such as ISHO, cell selection, source allocation, load control, and QoS mapping is adapted; each function fits into the change, exchanges the process of reorganization, and interacts; these actions go toward to satisfy service continuity. Simulation results show that it provides better performances than the conventional one with the measure of resource utilization rate and outage probability.
SON;Service Self-Organization;ISHO;Service Continuity
- B. Wang et al., "Primary-Prioritized Markov Approach for Dynamic Spectrum Allocation," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1854-1865, Apr. 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/T-WC.2008.080031 https://doi.org/10.1109/T-WC.2008.080031
- A. Hatoum, R. Langar, N. Aitsaadi and G. Pujolle, "Q-FCRA: QoS-based OFDMA Femtocell Resource Allocation Algorithm," Proceedings of IEEE ICC 2012-Wireless Networks Symposium, pp.5151-5156, 2013.
- S. Buljore et al., "Architecture and Enablers for Optimized Radio Resource Usage in Heterogeneous Wireless Access Networks: The IEEE 1900.4 Working Group," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 122-129, Jan. 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2009.4752689
- R Estrada, H. Otrok and Z. Dziong, "Clustering and Dynamic Resource Allocation for Macro-Femtocell Networks," Proceedings of IEEE 16th Telecommunications Network Strategy and Planning Symposium (Networks), pp. 1-6, Sep. 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/NETWKS.2014.6958522
- X. Zhou et al., "Traffic-Driven Dynamic Spectrum Auctions," Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks Workshops (SENCON), 2008.
- M. Rosdi , A Yusof , M. T. Ali, N. Ya'acob, M. Ismail, M. A. Zainali, M. S. NasroAli and B. A. Bakar, "Fairness of radio resource partitioning for macrocell and femtocell networks," Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications, pp. 22-25, Sep. 2013.
- N. T. Dung and C. S. Kang, "A Dynamic Downlink Load Control Scheme with Virtual Coverage Adjustments for Two-tier LTE Systems," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on ICT Convergence, pp. 487-492, Sep. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ictc.2011.6082644
- A.P. Subramanian et al., "Near-Optimal Dynamic Spectrum Allocation in Cellular Networks," New Frontiers in DynamicSpectrum Access Networks (DySPAN), Oct. 2008.
- K.Ayyappan and R. Kumar, "QoS Based Vertical Handoff Scheme for Heterogeneous Wireless Networks," International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computer Science (IJRRCS), Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-6, 2010.
- 3GPP TSG RAN WG1, R1-091348, "Frame structure and signaling to support relay operation," Motorola, March 2009.
- 3GPP TSG RAN WG1, R1-0911270, "Relay Frame structure and design of TDD made," Huawei, March 2009.
- C. L. Wickramasinghe, and C. B. Wavegedara, "A Dynamic Resource Management Scheme for Two-Tier LTE Femtocell Networks," Proceedings of IEEE 8th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, pp. 63-68, Aug. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/iciinfs.2013.6731956
- 3GPP TSG RAN WG1, R1-092976, "Text proposal for relat backhaul link, macro-UE link channel model and relay evaluation methodologies for TR 36.814," CMCC, June 2009.
- Y. Liu and C. Ngo, "Radio resource allocation for relay enhanced cellular system," Proc. IEEE Consumer Commun. & Networking Conf., pp. 1-6, Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ccnc.2009.4784742
- Meriem Kassar, Brigitte Kervella, Guy Pujolle, "An Intelligent Handover Management System for Future Generation Wireless Networks", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communication and Networking, 15 August 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2008/791691
- H.W. Lee, J.P. Jeong, "Analysis for Channel Change Minimization Scheme of Mobile IPTV Service in LTE-Advanced Systems,"The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.77-85, Apr. 30, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.2.77
- J.-H. Lee, J.P. Jeong, "Performance Analysis of Cost-Effective Location and Service Management Schemes in LTE Networks," The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 1-16, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIWIT.2012.12.6.1
- H.G. Lee, J.P. Jeong, "Mobility Management Scheme based on User Mobility QoS and Security-Effective Network in Heterogeneous Mobile Networks," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 87-97, Apr. 30, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.2.87
- A.M. Shohel, S.H. Yoon, "An Ad-hoc Routing Protocol for High-speed Multimedia Traffic Based on Path Quality and Bandwidth Estimation in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, VOl. 13, No. 6, pp. 203-210, Dec. 2013.
- J.Y. Heo, "QoS-guaranteed Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks," The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 23-29, 2011.
- Y. W., X.-L. Zhang, W.W. Chen, J.-G. Ki, K.-T. Lee, "Comparative study of an integrated QoS in WLAN and WiMAX," The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, VOL. 10 No. 3, pp. 103-110, 2010.
- Y.P. Park, S.-H. Hwang, S.-K. Kim, J.-P. Cho, E.-C. Kim, J.-Y. Kim, J.-S. Cha, "A Study on the Adaptive Interference Canceller for GSM/DVB-Hterminal," The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet Television and Telecommunication, VOL. 9 No. 2, pp. 105-110, 2009.
- Sang-Won Kang, "Design and Fabrication of Location Tracing Antenna forContainer Transportation," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, VOL. 14 No. 1, pp. 119-124, 2014.
- S.-S. Yoo, S.-T. Kim, "Implementation of IMS Core SIP Gateway based on Embedded," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 209-214, Oct. 31, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2014.14.5.209 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2014.14.5.209
- J.H. Sung, H.-J. Suh, "Implementation of 3GPP RLC Testbed for Protocol Verification and Evaluation," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, VOL. 13 No. 3, pp. 111-118, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2013.13.3.111
- D.-H Kim, G.-G. Kim, "Design of Fractal Structure Wideband Antenna for 4G IMT-Advanced AccessPoint Applications," The Journal of IIBC, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 195-201, Feb. 28, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2014.14.1.195
- Yong-Sup Shim, Il-Kyoo Lee, Sang-Hyun Chang, Kyoung-In Cho, "A Study on Interference Effect between DTV Service and IMT Service," The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, VOL. 10 No. 3, pp. 61-68, 2010.
- J.-J. Kang, H.-G. You, H.-S. Chang, "Design of High Power Amplifier for IMT-2000 Base station and Repeater System," The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet Television and Telecommunication, VOL. 4 No. 1, pp. 51-56. 2004.