- Volume 16 Issue 11
Noncoherent receivers are favored for block-code-modulated ultrawideband impulse radio (UWB-IR) systems because of their low implementation complexity compared with coherent rake receivers. However, existing noncoherent schemes, such as transmitted reference (TR) systems and averaged differential receivers (ADR), suffer from performance degradation and energy efficiency loss. Codeword matching and signal aggregation (CMSA) is a low complexity noncoherent receiver for UWB-IR. As the frame/symbol duration is shortened to boost data rate, interframe interference (IFI) or intersymbol interference (ISI) occurs and degrades the detection performance of CMSA. In this paper, block coded correlator which consists of the delay components and the reference signal is proposed to improve the performance of the receiver. Simulation results show that the proposed system leads to the better performance compared to the conventional CMSA receiver.
UWB (ultrawide band);interframe interference (IFI);inter-symbol interference (ISI);Block Code Modulation (BCM);Correlator
- K. Witrisal, Leus, G. ; Janssen, G.J.M., Pausini. M., Troesch, F., Zasowski, T., Romme, J.,"Noncoherent Ultra-Wideband Systems", IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, pp.48-66 July, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2009.932617
- Y. Jin, Hongwu Liu, Kyeong Jin Kim, Kyung Sup Kwak, "A Reconfigurable Digital Receiver for Transmitted Reference Pulse Cluster UWB Communications". IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 63, pp.4734-4740, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2014.2313337 https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2014.2313337
- R. Hoctor and H. Tomlinson, "Delay-hopped transmitted-reference RF communications," in Proc. IEEE Conf. UWBST, pp. 265-269, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/uwbst.2002.1006368
- M. Ho, V. Somayazulu, J. Foerster, and S. Roy, "A differential detector for an ultrawideband communications system," in Proc. IEEE VTC, pp. 1896-1900, Spring 2002.
- J. Choi and W. Stark, "Performance of ultrawideband communications with suboptimal receivers in multipath channels," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1754-1766, Dec. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2002.805623 https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2002.805623
- K. Witrisal, G. Leus, M. Pausini, and C. Krall, "Equivalent system model and equalization of differential impulse radio UWB systems," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1851-1862, Sep. 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2005.853876 https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2005.853876
- D. Mu, Zhengding Qiu, Zhang Yong-hui, "Performance Analysis of UWB Noncoherent Receiver with Block-Coded Modulation Scheme", IEEE Communications Lettrers, vol. 14, No.6, pp.509-511, June 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2010.06.100102 https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2010.06.100102
- H. Gao, Xin Su, Tiejun Lv, Shaoshi Yang, Yueming Lu, "IFI and ISI Premitigation for Block-Code-Modulated Noncoherent UWB Impulse Radio: A Code Optimization Approach", IEEE Trnas. Vehicular Tech., vol. 61, No.4, pp.1635-1648, May 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2012.2187938 https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2012.2187938
- S. Min, "Transmitted Reference UWB Systems based on Block-Coded Modulation", Journal of KICS, vol.38A, no.3, pp.289-293, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38A.3.289 https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38A.3.289
- J. Foerster, "Channel modeling subcommittee report final," IEEE P802.15.3a Working Group, P802.15-02/490r1-SG3a, Feb. 1997.
- M. Benedetto and G. Giancola, Understanding Ultra Wide Band Radio Fundamentals, Prentice Hall, 2004.
Supported by : 상명대학교