- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The role type analysis of nursing leader for effective environment at the practice field that nursing students recognize - Q methodology -
간호 대학생이 인식하는 실무현장의 효과적 환경을 위한 간호리더자의 역할유형분석
Sim, In Ok;Song, Geon Woo;Lee, Ji Hyun
- Received : 2015.08.03
- Accepted : 2015.11.06
- Published : 2015.11.30
Nursing students do a variety of learning at the practice field during clinical practice. They can recognize the importance and effectiveness of nursing leader. The purpose of this study was to categorize the types by analyzing what are important aspects of nursing leader's role to make effective practice environment nursing students experienced from training course. This research was used Q methodology to understand how nursing students recognize deeply. Participants were involved 30 nursing students who have experienced nursing practices. Q samples included 36 statements gathered from interviews with students who experienced clinical practices and literatures regarding types of nursing leader's role. Furthermore, major factors were analyzed and categorized by using QUANL PC program. As a result of research, there are 4 types of nursing leader's role. The first type is "Maintaining justice and level-headed", the second type is "Creating environment for motivation", the third is "Respecting character and growing capacity up" and the fourth is "Relationship center through confidence". Through the research process, this study is about to make evidences by understanding role of nursing leader for effective environment of practice field.
Nurse leader;Nursing student;Practice environment;Role type;Q methodology
- Bhum. suk. Chung. A Study on The Factors Affecting the Managerial Performance of Hospitals. Management Information Systems review, 17, 107-109, 2005.
- Young. ju. Hur, Byoung. sook. Lee. Relationship between empowerment, job stress and burnout of nurses in hemodialysis units. Keimyung Journal of Nursing Science, 15(1), 21-22, 2011.
- American Nursing Association(1980). Nursing a Social Policy Statement. ANA, Kansas, Missouri.
- Soon. Ook. Choi, Ji. Hyun. Kim. Relationships among Job Stress, Nursing Performance, and Retention Intention of Clinical Nurses. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 27(1), 142-143, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.1.142 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.1.142
- Jae. Hee. Jeon , Young. Hee. Yom. Roles of Empowerment and Emotional Intelligence in theRelationship between Job Embeddedness and Turnover Intension among General Hospital Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 20(3), 302-307, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.302 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.302
- Eun. Joo. Kim, Tae. Jun. Cho. The Effects of Leader's Motivational Language on Self-Esteem,Self-Efficacy and Organizational Commitment. The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development Quarterly, 15(4), 2-3, 2013.
- Soon. Min, Hyun. Sook. Kim, Song. Ja. Oh. The Relationship between Nursing Performance and Leadership styles of Head Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 6(1), 31-32, 2000.
- Young. Soon. Kim, Yong. Sook. Eo, Nae. Young. Lee. Effects of Head Nurses' Managerial Competencies and Professional Nurse Autonomy in Nursing Performance. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 20(4), 437-439. 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.4.437 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.4.437
- Na. Sun. Ha. The Relationship between the Head Nurse's Decision Making Style Perceived by Nurses and Job Satisfaction, Role Conflict and the Organizational Health in Nurses. Korean Journal of Stress Research, 21(1), 65-69, 2013.
- Myeong. Hwa. Kim , Myun. Sook. Jung. The Effect of Head Nurse's Emotional Leadership on Nurse's Job Satisfaction & OrganizationalCommitment. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 16(3), 336-347. 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.3.336 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.3.336
- Young. Jin. Shin, Byung. Soon. Lee. The Influence of Leadership of Head Nurses on Job Satisfaction and Job Performance of Staff Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 6(3), 405-416, 2000.
- Amanda Wolf. Subjectivity in Q Methodology.Journal of Human Subjectivity, 8(2), 65-68, 2010.
- Hung. Kyu. Kim. Q Methodology: Philosophy, theories, analysis,and application. Seoul: Communication Books, 2008.
- Sung. Bok. Kwon, Sung. Ai. Chi, Kyoung. Nim. Jung. The Role of Clinical Practice Instructor Expected by Nursing Students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 8(2), 289-291, 2002.
- M. K. Anthony, T. S. standing, J. A. Glick, M. Duffy, F. Paschall. Leadership and Nurse Retention. JONA, 35(3), 146-148, 2005.