- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of social participation activities on successful aging of elderly : The Mediating Effects of Verification ego-resilience
노인의 사회참여활동이 성공적 노화에 미치는 영향: 자아탄력성의 매개효과 검증
- Received : 2015.09.22
- Accepted : 2015.11.06
- Published : 2015.11.30
This study is to comprehensively analyze the social participation of elderly and verify the mediating effect of ego-resilience and impact on successful aging purposes. It surveyed 301 people aged 60 years or older is living in Goyang city, using a structured questionnaire collected data were analyzed by SPSS 18,0 and AMOS 21. The results of this study, Demographic variables appeared to affect social-participation activities through the gender, age, religion, partner and occupation, and Only the presence of the occupation showed the effect on successful aging. And in society participation activities sub-variable, only self-development participation showed a significant impact on the successful aging. Ego resilience of the elderly appeared to have a full-mediated effects on the relationship between social participation activities and successful aging. However, the relationship of self-development engagement activities showed a partial mediating effect. Based on these findings, I suggest practical measures for the elderly social participation activities and successful aging, and was revisited the importance of self-resilience.
Elderly residing in the communities;Ego-resilience;Social participation activity;Successful aging
- Korea National Statistical office. Eldery statistics , 2013.
- S. O. Kang, "The impacts of the Middle Aged's Perception of Successful Aging and Attitudes toward Older Persons on Preparation for Old Age", University Dr's thesis, Venture Hoseo University Seoul, 2014.
- P. Pyeong, "A study of assessment on senior employment project under Ahed Welfare Act and the System Improvement Plan", Sunmoon university Dr's thesis, 2013.
- J. W. Chang, "A Study on the Factors Affecting in Successful Aging: Focused on stress and resilience", Dacgu university Dr's thesis, 2014.
- E. M. Baek, "Impact of the Elderly's Social Recreation Activities on Successful Aging", Kyonggi university master's thesis, 2014.
- M. J. Lee, "A Study on the Factors Influencing Successful Aging: Focused on the selection, optimization, compensation strategies", Dacgu university Dr's thesis, 2014.
- J. W. An. "A predictive model for successful aging in community-dwelling elders", Hanyang university Dr's thesis, 2014.
- Rowe. J. W, Kahn. R. L, "Successful aging" The Gerontologist, 37(4): pp. 433-440, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/geront/37.4.433 https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/37.4.433
- K. H. Ju, "Elder's level of Social Participation and Quality of Life by Objective and Subjective indicators", Journal of community welfare, 39, pp. 231-264, 2011.
- H. S. Kim. "An Effect of Elderly Volunteer Participation to a Successful Ahing", Korean journal of local government and administration studies, 27(2), pp, 419-442. 2013. https://doi.org/10.18398/kjlgas.2013.27.2.419
- K. H. Jong, J. E. Yoon, "A Profile of the Productive Activities of Korean Older Persons and Economic Valuation", Health and Welfare Forum, 161: pp. 48-57, 2010.
- J. H. Park, "Social, Psychological and Biological Determinants of Successful Aging", Yeungnam university Dr's thesis, 2006.
- K. S. Lee, "The Mediating Effects of strees-coping strategies on the relationships between self-resilience and self-integration in the Elderly", Dankook University master's thesis, 2012.
- Block, J. H., and Kramen, A. M. "IQ and resilience: conceptual and empirical connections and separateness", Journal of personality & Social Psychology, 70: pp. 349-361, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.529 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2069
- E. J. KO. "The Effect of Ego Resilience and Perceived Social Support On Depression with different Attachment Style", Korea university master's thesis, 1996.
- H. K. Shin, J. Y. Chang, "The relationship among personality characteristics, gender, job-seeking stree and mental health in college seniors" Journal of rehabilitation Psychology, 22(4): pp. 815-827.
- Rodin. J., & McAvay. G, "Determinants of change in perceived health in a longitudinal study of older adults", Journal of Gerontology, 47: pp. 373-384. 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/geronj/47.6.P373 https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/47.6.P373
- H. Y. Sung, "A Study of Successful Aging Model: Using the components of Rowe & Kahn", Sungkyunkwan university Dr's thesis, 2005.
- J. Yoon. "Life Satisfaction Scale for Elderly: Revisited", Korean Psychological Association Abstrct, pp. 26-30.
- M. J. Oh, "The relationship between adult attachment and Marital satisfaction of the retired elderly people: The mediating Effects of Communication and Moderating Effects of Ego-resilience", Chonnam university Dr's thesis, 2010.
- H. S. Sim, "Type of job creation projects for the elderly gyeomheom impact on successful aging", Daejeon University master's thesis, 2010.
- H. G. Choe. "level predictors of successful aging community dwelling elderly," Annals of social science, 24(1): pp. 193-217, 2013.
- H. G. Cho,. "A study on successful aging: Through the Adult Learning of Korean Elderlies", Yonsei University Dr's thesis, 2002.
- J. G. Kim, S. H. Han, "The Effect of Lifelong learning on psychological Well-Being and Successful Aging in the Elderly", CNU Journal of educational studies, 34(2): pp. 179-208, 2013. https://doi.org/10.18612/cnujes.2013.34.2.179
- Y. O. Sim, "Elderly senior art as a social activity analysis and activating participation", Korea art education Review. 49: PP. 257-280. 2014.
- H. M. Ha. "A study on the correlation between innersion into everyday sports, reliance on the family and successful aging", Kyung Hee university Dr's thesis, 2013.
- E. H. Kim, & S. K. Park, "Effects of Meditation and Combined Exercise on Body Composition and Functional Fitness of Successful Aging in the Older Women", Journal of sport and leisure studies, 45: pp. 763-770, 2011.
- Block, J. H., & Block, J, "The role of ego-control and ego-resiliency in the organization of behavior", In W. A. Collins(Ed.), The Minnesota Sympasia on Child Psychology, 13: pp. 39-101, 1980.