- Volume 16 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Research of shape optimization for High-Efficiency Electronic cold modules taking into consideration thickness and thermoelectric element mounting position
두께와 열전소자 부착위치를 고려한 자동차용 고효율 전자 냉온 모듈 형상 최적화 연구
- Received : 2015.08.24
- Accepted : 2015.12.04
- Published : 2015.12.31
The demand for user convenient devices in automotive applications are fast growing, mainly driven by the customer's requirement for higher efficiency and more features. In important such feature is the cold module for cars, which are convenient luxuries that warm or cool drinks placed in the cup holder by means of a thermoelectric element. In present study, we would like to find out the optimal thickness of the cup holder and mounting position of the thermoelectric element through experiments under various testing conditions and thermal analysis. The resulting thermal distribution of the primary area of thermal analysis was found to be lowest when the thickness was 2.5 mm. The temperature distribution was also lowest when the thermal element was positioned underneath the holder (A-type).
Cold modules;COMSOL;Cup holder;Peltier element;Thermal analysis
- BIR RESEARCH GROUP, "The development trends for five generation future lading industrial technology and the present state of participate companies", pp. 75, BIR, 2011.
- He, W., Zhou, J., Hou, J., Chen, C. and Ji, J.,2013, "Theoretical and experimental investigation on a thermoelectric cooling and heating system driven by solar," Applied Energy, Vol. 107, pp. 89-97. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2013.01.055 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2013.01.055
- Liu, Z., Zhang, L. and Gong, G., 2014, "Experimental evaluation of a solar thermoelectric cooled ceiling combined with displacement ventilation system," Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 87, pp. 559-565. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2014.07.051 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2014.07.051
- JIHUI YANG, FRANCIS R. STABLER, "Automotive Applications of Thermoelectric Materials", Journal of ELECTRONIC MATERIALS, Vol. 38, No. 7, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11664-009-0680-z
- S. M. Park, J. N. Park, and H. S. Lim, "Experimental Investigation for Fuel Efficiency and Performance of Diesel Hybrid Electric Vehicle", Proceedings of the korean society of automotive engineers, 1603 (2006)
- International Energy Agency, "Tracking Industrial Energy Efficiency and CO2 Emissions," OECD/IEA, Paris, (2007)
- R. Schmidt, M. Iyengar, D. Porter, G. Weber, D. Graybill, J. Steffes, "Open side car heat exchanger that removes entire server heat load without any added fan power", Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITherm), 2010 12th IEEE Inter-society Conference, 1 (2010) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/itherm.2010.5501423 https://doi.org/10.1109/itherm.2010.5501423
- Tomas Brestovic, Natalia Jasminska, Maria C arnogurska, Michal Puskar, Michal Kelemen, Milan Filo, "Measuring of thermal characteristics for Peltier thermopile using calorimetric method", Measurement 53 (2014) 40-48. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2014.03.021 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2014.03.021
- A. Kapjor, J. Jandacka, M., Malcho, S. Papucik, Intensification of heat transport from the floor convector at given geometry and the way of use, 2010, pp. 101-104.
- R. Pyszko, M. Prihoda, M. Velicka, Method for determining the thermal boundary condition in the CC mould for numeric models. In Proceedings
- Multiphysics, C. O. M. S. O. L. "Comsol." Inc., Burlington, MA, www.comsol.com (1994).