- Volume 16 Issue 12
ISO 12215-5 standard describes allowable stress design specifications of monohull small boat with a length of hull between 2.5 m and 24 m constructed from fiber reinforced plastics, aluminium or steel alloys, glued wood or other suitable boat building material. If small boat hull is under 2.5m in overall length or nonstandard material is used as boat building material, structural reliability of small boat hull is assured by drop test specification, but not by structural design specification in accordance with ISO 12215-5. Drop test specification of boat hull can be applied to manufactured product. But it is difficult and complicated to apply drop test specification to structural design of boat hull. In this study, we present structural design method of polyethylene boat hull on the basis of longitudinal bending strength test specification.
Allowable Design Displacement;Longitudinal Bending Strength Test Specification;Polyethylene Boat Hull;Structural Design
- Nian-Zhong Chena and C. Guedes Soares, "Longitudinal Strength Analysis of Ship Hulls of Composite Materials under Sagging Moments", Composite Structures, Vol. 77, pp. 36-44, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2005.06.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2005.06.002
- B.K.Hong, "A Study on the Standard of Ship Hull Construction for Aluminium Alloys Fishing Boats", The Korean Society for Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 22-88, 2000.
- Nian-Zhong Chena and C. Guedes Soares, "Reliability Assessment for Ultimate Longitudinal Strength of Ship Hulls in Composite Materials", Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 22, Issue 4, pp. 330-342, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.probengmech.2007.05.001
- Mac Boats, Boats for Life: Mac Boats, c2015 [cited 2015 August 17], Available From: http://www.macboats.co.nz/about-mac-boats.(accessed August, 17, 2015)
- KR, Guidance for Recreational Crafts, Korean Register of Shipping, KR, 2011.
- ISO 12215-5, Small craft-Hull construction and scantlings-Part 5: Design pressures for monohulls, design stresses, scantlings determination, ISO, 2008.
- KR, About KR, KR, c2015[cited 2015 August 17], Available From: http://www.krs.co.kr/ (accessed August, 17, 2015)
- Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, Introduction to Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, c2015[cited 2015 August 17], Available From: http://www.kst.or.kr/(accessed August, 17, 2015)
- JCI, Rules and Regulations for Inspection of Japan Small Craft, JCI, Tokyo Japan, 2007.
- KR, Rules for the Classification of FRP Ships, pp.33-75, KR, 2014.
- S.S.Cho, "A Study on Hull Form Development of Polyethylene Boat", Journal of the Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 10 pp. 4726-4732, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.4726 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.4726
- S.S.Cho, W.M.Kwak, B.S.Ham and Y.C.Jo,"A Study on Structural Strength Assessment of Polyethylene Boat", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 3 pp. 1045-1053, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1045 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1045
- W.M.Kwak, A Study on Hull Product Design of Polyethylene Boat, pp.73-88, Kangwon National University, Samcheok, Korea, 2013.
Supported by : 강원대학교