- Volume 52 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Fabrication of Reduced Graphene Oxide-Incorporated Carbon Nanofibers with Improved Electrical Conductivities by Electrospinning
전기방사를 이용한 환원 그래핀 옥사이드 복합 탄소나노섬유의 제조 및 전기적 특성
- Received : 2015.11.03
- Accepted : 2015.12.04
- Published : 2015.12.31
Herein we report the incorporation of graphene into polyacrylonitrile (PAN)-based carbon nanofibers (CNFs) in order to improve the electrical conductivities of the CNFs. Graphene oxide (GO) was wrapped with PAN molecules to increase its dispersibility, which was verified by zeta potential measurements. The PAN-wrapped GOs were subsequently reduced in a nitrogen and acetylene atmosphere by simple heat treatment. Chemical reduction was confirmed by FT-IR and XRD analysis. These PAN-wrapped reduced GOs were mixed with PAN/DMF solutions and electrospun to produce nanofibers, which were then stabilized and carbonized at
electrospinning;polyacrylonitrile;reduced graphene oxide;carbon nanofibers;electrical conductivity
- M.-K. Seo and S.-J. Park, "Manufacturing Method of Carbon Fibers and Their Application Fields", Polym. Sci. Technol., 2010, 21, 130-140.
- J.-B. Donnet and R. C. Bansal, "Carbon Fibers", CRC Press, 1998.
- K. Yang, B.-H. Kim, and W.-J. Lee, "Characteristics of Carbon Nano-fibers and Their Applications", Polym. Sci. Technol., 2010, 21, 149-156.
- G.-Y. Oh, Y.-W. Ju, H.-R. Jung, and W.-J. Lee, "Preparation of the Novel Manganese-Embedded Pan-Based Activated Carbon Nanofibers by Electrospinning and Their Toluene Adsorption", J. Anal. Appl. Pyrol., 2008, 81, 211-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2007.11.006
- J.-H. Park, Y.-W. Ju, S.-H. Park, H.-R. Jung, K.-S. Yang, and W.-J. Lee, "Effects of Electrospun Polyacrylonitrile-Based Carbon Nanofibers as Catalyst Support in Pemfc", J. Appl. Electrochem., 2009, 39, 1229-1236. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10800-009-9787-4
- C. Kim, B. T. N. Ngoc, K. S. Yang, M. Kojima, Y. A. Kim, Y. J. Kim, M. Endo, and S. C. Yang, "Self-Sustained Thin Webs Consisting of Porous Carbon Nanofibers for Supercapacitors Via the Electrospinning of Polyacrylonitrile Solutions Containing Zinc Chloride", Adv. Mater., 2007, 19, 2341-2346. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.200602184
- M. Rahaman, A. F. Ismail, and A. Mustafa, "A Review of Heat Treatment on Polyacrylonitrile Fiber", Polym. Degrad. Stab., 2007, 92, 1421-1432. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2007.03.023
- M. Inagaki, Y. Yang, and F. Kang, "Carbon Nanofibers Prepared Via Electrospinning", Adv. Mater., 2012, 24, 2547-2566. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201104940
- Q. Guo, X. Zhou, X. Li, S. Chen, A. Seema, A. Greiner, and H. Hou, "Supercapacitors Based on Hybrid Carbon Nanofibers Containing Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes", J. Mater. Chem., 2009, 19, 2810-2816. https://doi.org/10.1039/b820170f
- M. Ichikawa, L. You, S. Tatemichi, T. Koyama, and Y. Taniguchi, "Organic Thin-Film Transistors with Conductive Metal-Oxides as Source-Drain Electrodes", Japanese J. Appl. Phys., 2006, 45, L1171. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.45.L1171
- C. Kim, Y. I. Jeong, B. T. N. Ngoc, K. S. Yang, M. Kojima, Y. A. Kim, M. Endo, and J. W. Lee, "Synthesis and Characterization of Porous Carbon Nanofibers with Hollow Cores through the Thermal Treatment of Electrospun Copolymeric Nanofiber Webs", Small, 2007, 3, 91-95. https://doi.org/10.1002/smll.200600243
- H. Bai, Y. Xu, L. Zhao, C. Li, and G. Shi, "Non-Covalent Functionalization of Graphene Sheets by Sulfonated Polyaniline", Chem. Commun., 2009, 13, 1667-1669.
- F. Wu, Y. Lu, G. Shao, F. Zeng, and Q. Wu, "Preparation of Polyacrylonitrile/Graphene Oxide by in Situ Polymerization", Polymer International, 2012, 61, 1394-1399. https://doi.org/10.1002/pi.4221
- Y.-T. Shieh, H.-M. Wu, Y.-K. Twu, and Y.-C. Chung, "An Investigation on Dispersion of Carbon Nanotubes in Chitosan Aqueous Solutions", Colloid and Polym. Sci., 2010, 288, 377-385. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00396-009-2126-9
- P. Cui, J. Lee, E. Hwang, and H. Lee, "One-Pot Reduction of Graphene Oxide at Subzero Temperatures", Chemical Communications, 2011, 47, 12370-12372. https://doi.org/10.1039/c1cc15569e
- E. Zussman, X. Chen, W. Ding, L. Calabri, D. A. Dikin, J. P. Quintana, and R. S. Ruoff, "Mechanical and Structural Characterization of Electrospun Pan-Derived Carbon Nanofibers", Carbon, 2005, 43, 2175-2185. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2005.03.031
- S. N. Arshad, M. Naraghi, and I. Chasiotis, "Strong Carbon Nanofibers from Electrospun Polyacrylonitrile", Carbon, 2011, 49, 1710-1719. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2010.12.056