- Volume 52 Issue 6
In accordance with the increase in demand for LCDs and the increasing industry competition with higher productivity, the size of LCD glass has been gradually increasing. When transferring a robot hand by setting up an LCD panel, the vibration increases the inertia and load of up and down motion, rotational motion, and mobile motion of the whole robot. With regards to the up and down motion of the robot hand, when time is short on study of the vibration reduction. In this paper, we evaluate the structural arm of an LCD robot by using finite element analysis and fast Fourier transform (FFT). An impact test of the arm, which is made from the composite materials of carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP) and Kevlar fiber reinforced plastics (KFRP) for lightweight and damping, was conducted.
finite element analysis;carbon fiber reinforced plastic;Kevlar fiber reinforced plastics;LCD robot arm;damping
- J. Lee, K. Jeon, J. Choi, G. Chung, J. Sug, I. Choi, and K. Shin, "A Development of the Lightweight Wearable Robot with Carbon Fiber Composite", Compos. Res., 2015, 28, 81-88. https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2015.28.3.081
- S. Kim, Master's Thesis, Seoul National University of Technology, Korea, 2006.
- J. Park, Master's Thesis, Yeungnam University, Korea, 2015.
- H. K. Lee and H. C. Park, "A Study on the Structural Analysis of Helicopter Rotors Mode of CFRP", The Kor. Soc. Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 1986, 14, 67-77.
- D. Kim, G. Joo, M. Lee, and D. Hong, "A Study on the Low Vibration Design of Paddle Type Composite Rotor Blade for Helicopter", The Kor. Soc. Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 2003, 31, 99-104.
- I. Park, Masters Thesis, Korea Aerospace University, Korea, 2011.
- S. H. Lim, C. S. Ha, and W. J. Cho, "Short Aramid Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Composites : 2. Effect of Curing Acceleration of Epoxy Matrix and Mechanical Properties of Aramid Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Composites", The Polym. Soc. Kor., 1992, 16, 216-224.
- B. Balachandran, "Vibrations", Hanteemedia, Seoul, 2005.
- S. S. Rao, "Mechanical Vibrations SI Version", Pearson, Seoul, 2012.
- D. L. Logan, "A First Course in the Finite Element Method", Sigmapress, Seoul, 2012.
- D. W. Shin, I. J. Kwon, D. H. Park, and J. K. Choe, "Carbon Composites Robot Hand of Vibration Analysis", Proc. of Kor. Sci. Manufacturing Text. Eng., 2015.