- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Study of Forward Scattering Dose according to the Thickness of Filter in General Radiography
일반촬영 검사에서 필터 두께 증가에 따른 전방산란율에 관한 연구
Choi, Il Hong;Kim, Kyo Tae;Heo, Ye Ji;Kang, Sang Sik;Noh, Si Cheol;Jung, Bong Jae;Nam, Sang Hee;Park, Ji Koon
- Received : 2015.09.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.25
- Published : 2015.12.31
Recently there has been increasing interest in the filter to reduce the proportion of low-energy photons in the polychromatic X-ray, affect the quality of the image quality by X-ray hardening effect is a situation that has been overlooked. In this study, by evaluating the change in FSR based on the filter and it was quantitatively discuss scatter dose affecting the medical image quality. The results of the experiment, as the thickness of the filter is increased, up to 13.9%p, that tends to FSR increases appearance were evaluated. Based on these results, in compliance with the thickness of the filter that has been recommended in KS standard, even while reducing the radiation dose of the patient, in addition to the noise to about 1%p within the FSR only medical image the contribution to it is conceivable. Therefore, even while reducing radiation dose of the patient, in order to improve the quality of the medical image, the use of appropriate filter is considered important.
General Radiography;Medical Image;Filter;Beam Hardening Effect;Forward Scattering Dose
- K.M. Oh, M.S. Yoon, M.W. Kim, et al, "Radiation detector material development with multi-layer by hetero-junction for the reduction of leakage current", The Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 11-15, 2009.
- Y.K. Lee, M.S. Yon, D.H. Kim, et al, "The study of X-ray detection characteristic and fabrication photoconductor film thickness for Screen printing method", The Korean Society of Radiography, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 11-16, 2009.
- Y.B. Kim, M.S. Yun, M.W. Kim, et al, "Development of Radiation Image Sensor using Heterojunction", The Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 27-35, 2009.
- IAEA Safety Series No.115 : "International Basic Safety Standards for Protection against Ionizing Radiation and for the Safety of Radiation Sources", Vienna, 1996.
- ICRP Publication 103: Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection, Oxford, 2007.
- J.S. Lee, C.S. Kim, "The Additional Filter and Ion Chamber Sensor Combination Reducing Patient Dose in Digital Chest X-ray Projection", The Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 175-181, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.3.175
- J. Huh, C.K. Kim, I.J. Lee, et al, "A study on the effect of rare earth screen Filter", The Korean Society of Radiological technology, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 17-23, 1988.
- "Patient Dose Reference Levels Guidelines of General Radiology", Korea Food & Drug Administration, Radiation safety management series, No. 30, 2012.
- I.Y. You, C.H Lim, S.H Lee, et al., "Performance Measurement of Diagnostic X-Ray System", The Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 447-454, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2012.6.6.447
- S.K. Na, S.H. Han, "A Study on the Factors of Spatial Scattered Ray Occurrence in the X-ray Radiography Room", Journal of Radiological Science and Technology, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 393-399, 2009.
- The Study of Affecting Image Quality according to forward Scattering Dose used Additional Filter in Diagnostic Imaging System vol.10, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.8.597
Supported by : Intemalional University of korea