- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Entrance Surface Dose and Image Distortion in Accordance with Abdominal Obesity in the Chest Radiography
흉부 X-선 검사에서 복부비만에 따른 입사표면선량과 영상 왜곡도 평가
Kim, Boo Soon;Park, Jeong Kyu;Kwon, Soon Mu
- Received : 2015.11.05
- Accepted : 2015.12.25
- Published : 2015.12.31
Abdominal obesity is one of the most influential index to predict of insulin resistance syndrome/metabolic syndrome in social demographic characteristics. It is matter of fact that radiation dose are increasing with development of medical treatment and device. In this study, we estimated distortion between reference image and entrance surface dose when take a chest radiography forward chest phantom assumed abdominal obesity. When angle of chest phantom incline
Abdominal obesity;Entrance surface dose(ESD);Chest radiography;Image deformity
- D. Hart, D.G. Jones, B.F. Wall, "Coefficients for estimating effective dose from pediatric x-ray examinations", NRPB, 1996.
- CEC European Commission, "European Guidelines on quality criteria for diagnostic radiographic images", EUR, 16260, 1996.
- M. Hiros, K. Ito, T. Ishigaki, S. Sakuma, "Considerations for standard chest radiography: the long film-focus distance technique", Nagoya J Med. Sci, Vol. 55, No. 1-4, pp.33-39, 1993.
- H.W. Kang, J.C. Park, H.S. Kang, I.J. Lee, H.S. Sin, J. Heo, "The Evaluation of Chest Radiographic Systems", Journal of Radiological science and technology, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp.31-35, 1987.
- P.K. Cho, "How to improve image Quality for the chest PA and the simple abdomen X-ray examinations", Journal of Korean Society of radiology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.165-173, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2013.7.3.165
- K.Y. Lee, D.S. Kang, E.Y. Kang. "Thoracic Radiology X-ray", pp.1-22, KOONJA publishing company, 2012.
- Department of Radiology, college of medicine, The CATHOLIC University, Textbook of Radiology, KOONJA publishing company, pp.29-31, 2010.
- KRTA, "Normal scan of the patient dose recommendation amount of radiology guidelines", Radiation Safety Management Series No. 30, 11-1470550-000299-01, 2012.
- S.M. Kwon, C.H. Park, J.K. Park, W.H. Song, J.E. Jung, "The Effect of Source to Image-Receptor Distance(SID) on Radiation Dose for Digital Chest Radiography", Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp.203-210, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.4.203
- H.R. Kim, Y.H. Kang, N.S. Kwak, E.J. Kang, E.N.J. Kim, "Trends in obe-sity and comprehensive policy strategy to prevent obesity in Korea", Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2009.
- T. Kono, M. Suma, H. Handa, Y. Hirota, K. Kawamura, "Clinical significance of normal cardiac silhouette in dilated cardiomyopathy", Evaluation based upon echocardi-ography and magnetic resonance imaging Japanese Cir J, No. 56, pp.359-365, 1992.
- C.S. Danzer, "The cardiothoracic ratio. An index of cardiac enlargement", Am J Med. Sci, 157 Cited by Cowan, pp.513-521, 1964.
- C. Schaefer-Prokop, U. Neitzel, H.W. Venema, M. Uffmann, M, Prokop. "Digital chest radiography: an update on modern technology, dose containment and control of image quality", European radiology, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp.1818-1830, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-008-0948-3
- HPA(2012), "Doses to Patients from Radiographic and Fluoroscopic X-ray Imaging Procedures in the UK", 2010.
- Nationwide Evaluation of X-ray Trends(NEXT) : http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationSafety/Nati onwideEvaluationofX-rayTrendsNEXT/default.htm
- S.L. Hwang, H.R. Jung, C.H. Lim, "A Study on Radiation Dose for General Radiography Examination at First Medical Institution (Around the Radiology Clinic of National Capital Region)", Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp.245-253, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2011.5.5.245
- Department of Radiology, college of medicine, "The CATHOLIC University, Textbook of Radiology", KOONJA publishing company, pp.49, 2010.
- E.N. Obikili, I.J. Okoye, G.E. Anyanwu, "Aortic and heart dimensions of children and adolescents in a Nigerian population", Biomedical Research Vol. 21, No. 2, pp.195-198, 2010.