- Volume 9 Issue 7
The reconstruction on the computed tomography requires much time for calculation. The calculation time rapidly increases with enlarging matrix size for improving image quality. Multi-core processor, multi-core CPU, has widely used nowadays and has provided the reduction of the calculation time through multi-threads. In this study, the calculation time of the reconstruction process would improved using multi-threads based on the multi-core processor. The Pthread and the OpenMP used for multi-threads were used in convolution and back projection steps that required much time in the reconstruction. The Pthread and the OpenMP showed similar results in the speedup and the efficiency.
- G.N. Hounsfield, "Computerized transverse axial scanning (tomography): I. Description of system," Br. J. Radiol. Vol. 46, pp.1016-1022, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-46-552-1016
- W.A. Kalender, "X-ray computed tomography," Phy. Med. Biol. Vol. 51, pp.R29-R43, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/51/13/R03
- B.S.B. Sun W, R.K. Leach, "An overview of industrial X-ray computed tomography," NPL Report ENG 32, 2012.
- K.S. Chon, "Removal of Ring Artifact in Computed Tomography," J. Kor. Soc. Radiol., Vol. 9, pp.403-408, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.6.403
- K.S. Chon, "Noise Properties for Filtered Back Projection in CT Reconstruction," J. Kor. Soc. Radiol., Vol. 8, pp.357-364, 2015.
- F. Rengier, A. Mehndiratta, H. vpm Tengg-Kobligk, C.M. Zechmann, R. Unterhinninghofen, H.-U. Kauczor, F.L. Giesel, "3D printing based on imaging data: review of medical applications," Int. J. Comput. Assist. Radiol. Surg., Vol. 5, pp.335-341, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-010-0476-x
- J. Hsieh, Computed Tomography: Principles, Design, Artifacts, and Recent Advances, SPIE Press, Washington, 2009.
- J.I. Agulleiro, J.J. Fernandez, "Fast tomographic reconstruction on multicore computers," BIOINFORMATICS, Vol. 27, pp.582-583, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btq692
- G. Yan, J. Tian, S. Zhu, Y. Dai, C. Qin, "Fast cone-beam CT image reconstruction using GPU hardware," J. X-Ray Sci. Tech., Vol. 16, pp.225-234, 2008.
- F. Xu, K. Mueller, "Real-time 3D computed tomographic reconstruction using commodity graphics hardware,", Phys. Med. Biol. Vol. 52, pp.3405-3419, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/52/12/006
- F. Xe, K. Mueller, "Accelerating popular tomographic reconstruction algorithms on commodity PC graphics hardware," IEEE Trans. on Nucl. Sci., Vol. 52, pp.654-663, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2005.851398
- P. Noel, A. Walczak, J. Xu, J. Corso, K. Hoffmann, S. Schafer, "GPU-based cone beam computed tomography," Comp. Med. Prog. Bio., Vol. 98, pp.271-277, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2009.08.006
- K. Muller, R. Yagel, "Rapid 3-D Cone-Beam Reconstruction with the Simultaneous Algebraic Reconstruction Technique (SART) using 2-D Texture Mapping Hardware," IEEE Trans. on Med. Imag., Vol. 19, pp.1227-1237, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/42.897815
- M. Beister, D. Kolditz, W. Kalender, "Interative reconstruction methods in X-ray CT," Vol. 28, pp.94-108, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2012.01.003
- P. Pacheco, An Introduction to Parallel Programming, Elsevier Inc, New York, 2011.
- L.A. Shepp, B.F. Logan, "The Fourier Reconstruction of a Head Section," IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., Vol. 21, pp.21-43, 1974.
- G.N. Ramachandran, A.V. Lakhshminarayanan, "Three-dimensional reconstruction from radiographs and electron micrographs: Application of convolution instead of Fourier transforms," Proc. Natl. Sci. Acad. USA, Vol. 68, pp.2236-2240, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.68.9.2236
- A.C. Kak, M. Slaney, Principles of Computerized Tomographic Imaging, IEEE Press, New York, 1988.
- C.T. Yang, C.L. Huang, C.F. Lin, "Hybrid CUDA, OpenMP, and MPI parallel programming on multicore GPU clusters," Computer Physics Communications, Vol. 182, pp.266-269, 2009.
- M.D. Jones, R.Y. Yao, C.P. Bhole, "Hybrid MPI-OpenMP programing for Parallel OSEM PET Reconstruction," IEEE Trans. on Nucl. Sci., Vol. 53, pp.2752-2758, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2006.882295
Supported by : University of Daegu