- Volume 9 Issue 7
There are various Intercondyloid fossa X-ray taking methods. The methods carried out in clinics are Holmblad method, Camp-Conventry method, and Beclere method. Taking image of Intercondyloid fossa is carried a lot as basic examination for diagnosis related to simple fracture and cruciate ligament. Considering the condition and pains of patients, safe method is chosen but because Holmblad method can cause pains to knee part adhering to cassette, it is not easily used. In this study self-produced plane circular cone was attached to a cassette and in the posture for Holmblad method questionnaires of 100 applicants were analyzed to understand cognition on alleviation of pains, and the concentration of imge quality by scattering rays was measured with densitometer by taking human body phantom with X-ray. As a result, in the posture for Holmblad method, cognition on pains was alleviated by average 99%, and the change of concentration of X-ray film taken using phantom by scattering rays decreased statistically significantly compared to the cassette which did not use self-produced plane cone, therefor it is thought that the method can be valuably used in clinics.
Scatter ray;Knee Intercondyloid fossa;Cone cassette;Densitometry
- W. Huda, A. M. Sagewicz, and K. M. Ogedn, "Experimental investigation of the dose and image quality characteristics of a digital mammograhpy imaging system," Med Phys., Vol. 30, pp.442-448, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1543572
- N. A. Gkanatsios, W. Huda, and K. R. Peters, "Effect of radiographic techniques (kVp and mAs) on image quality and patient doses in digital subtraction angiograhpy," Med Phys., Vol. No. 29, pp.1643-1650, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1493213
- A. A. Bankier, C. chaefer-Prokop, and De Maertelaer V, "Air Trapping: Comparison of Standard-Dose and Simulate Low-Dose Thin-Section CT Techniques," Radiology., Vol. 242, pp.898-906, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2423060196
- IAEA, "International basic safety standards for protection against Ionizing radiation and for the safety of radiation sources," IAEA safety series., No. 115, 1996.
- ICRP, "Supporting Guidance 2, Diagnostic reference levels in medical imaging : Review and additional advice", ICRP committee., No. 3, 2002.
- Soo-Kyeong Na, Sang-Hyo Han, "A Study on the Factors of Spatial Scttered Ray Occurrence in the X-ray Radiography Room", Korean Society of Radiological Science., Vol. 32, No. 3, pp.393-399, 2009.
- Seong-Kwang Choi, "Change of the Scattered Dose by Field Size in X-ray Radiography", The Korea Contents Society., Vol. 13 No. 3, pp.198-203, 2013.
- D. F. Regulla and Heinrich Eder, Patient Exposure in Medical X-ray Imaging in Europe, Radiation Protection Dosimetry., Vol. 114, No. 1, pp.11-25, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nch538
- National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation Medical radiation safety managements Manual, Radiation Safety Management Series No. 23, 2010.
- International Commission on Radiological protection, 2007 recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological protection. ICRP publication., No. 103, 2007.
- Pyong-Kon Cho, "Distribution of the Scatter Ray on Chest X-ray Examinations", The Korea Contents Society., Vol. 12, No. 7, pp.255-260, 2012.
- Jongnam Song, EungKon Kim, "Evaluation of Image Quality according to the Use of Attachable X-ray Table Equipped with Heating Device" Journal of the Korean society of Radiology., Vol. 9, No. 4, pp.219-225, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.4.219
- Nakayama Y, Funama M, Hetemura M, Imuta M, Nakaura T, et al, "Abdominal CT with low tube voltage; preliminary observations about radiation dose, contrast enhancement, image quality and noise", Radiology., Vol. 237, pp.945-951, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2373041655
- Seong-Kwan Choi, "Change of the Scattered Dose by Field Size in X-ray Radiography" The Korea Contents Society., Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.198-203. 2013.
- Soonmu Kwon, Changhee Park, Jeongkyu Park, Woonheung Song, Jaeeun Jung, "The Effect of source to Image-Receptor Distance(SID) on Radiation Dose for Digital Chest Radiography", Journal of the Korean society of Radiology., Vol. 8, No. 4, pp.203-210, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.4.203