- Volume 9 Issue 7
VCUG(Voiding Cystourethrography) study is being performed to check urinary reflex symptom from bladder to ureter or kidney in the method of filling the bladder with radiation opaque contrast agent. However, VCUG study have been performed impersonally, patients have to be naked and open their legs and then void. This method is so impersonal that it is immediately needed to improve the way of testing and crete new aid. Therefore, this study through producing underwear for VCUG, analysis and compares the test time of VCUG, patient radiation dose and patient satisfaction. The target of this study was 79 Male and Female patients who visited genitourinary clinic of PNUYH for their VCUG tests AXIUM Iconos R200(Siemens Medical System : Germany) and self-produced plastic underwears made by vinyl and plasic molding machine were used. The 79 patient were divided into two groups : experiment of patient and comparison group of we patient (using aid) in order to compare, testing time, DAP (dose area product) and patient satisfaction. There was time reduction, from 35.3min of comparison group to 27.8min experimentation group by 7.5min decrease. And comparison group of
VCUG study;VCUG panties;patients satisfaction study
- H.R. Jeoung, B.S. Kim , "Fluoroscopic Radiofraph,", Deahak Publishing, pp.12-16, 2008.
- D.M. Gweun, H.G. Kim, "Medical Imaging Informatics", Deahak Publishing, pp.97-101, 1996.
- J.I. Lee., "Introduction to Medical Radiologics", Deahak Publishing, pp.77-78, 1996.
- S.G. Go, B.S. Kang, C.H. Im, "Shielding Effect of Radiation Protector for Interventional Procedure", KOREAN SOCIETY OF RADIOLOGICAL SCIENCE, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp.213-218, 2007.
- E.M. Jeon, C.H. Im, H.R. Jeoung, "A Study on Radiation Exposure Dose of Operator During Interventional Radiology Procedure", KOREAN SOCIETY OF RADIOLOGICAL SCIENCE, Vol. 35, No 3 pp.219-226, 2012.
- U.K. Jeung, "A study on the evaluation of patient dose in nterventional radiology" The Journal of the Korean Medical Association, Vol. 54 No. 12, pp.1269-1276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.12.1269
- Ministry of Science and Technology, "Development of standard for exposure reference levels in diagnostic X-ray imaging", pp.58-59, 2005.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, "Evaluation of radiation exposure of interventional radiologist" pp.62-63, 2005.
- O.R. Brook, A, Brook, M, Soudac, Urine sensor device for fluoroscopy time reduction on pediatric voidingcystourethrography European Journal of Radiology, Vol. 78, No. 3, pp.394-397, 2010.
- F. W. Schultz, J. Zoetelief, "Dose Conversion oefficints for Interventional Procedures. Radiation Protection Dosimetry", Vol. 117, No.1-3, pp.225-230, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nci753